Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
This is a management role within the Custody team of the State Street Alternative Investment Solutions Group.
The position interacts with all levels of professionals both internally and externally and with senior level executives of State Street. Therefore, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are required. Candidates must demonstrate strong initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and be capable of managing multiple and diverse assignments. The position is responsible for managing a group experiencing significant growth.
1. Provide expertise on wire processing and trade settlements both internally and externally.
2. Responsible for development and execution of overall business plans both internally and in partnership with clients.
3. Manage relationships with clients at appropriate levels to ensure continued confidence in State Street.
4. Manage relationships with key client contacts ensuring expectations are met and client satisfaction with the level of service received.
5. Ensure process and procedures are adequate to meet quality standards and are consistently applied and regularly reviewed within department.
6. Responsible for the direction and training of subordinate managers and staff. Address employee concerns and sensitivities.
7. Review and approve all transactions (money movement, trades, etc.) in accordance with established guidelines.
8. Provide support for and effectively communicate broad overall company initiatives and goals to managers and staff within span of control.
9. Responsible for developing department budget and staffing projections. Completes staffing proposals for newly awarded business.
10. Assess operational effectiveness and make suggestions to streamline functions.
11. Develop ideas for new products and services to expand business opportunities and better meet client needs.
12. Participates in new business process including review of proposals, prospect presentations, staffing allocations, etc.
13. Represent the organization internally and externally as an executive of State Street.
14. Meet all requirements for the performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals.
15. Allocates and coordinates resources including staff allocation, space and procurement of necessary equipment.
16. Spearhead special projects and serve on committees and task force assignments.
17. Provide leadership in areas outside of the division.
18. During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
Candidates must have a college degree (accounting, business, mathematics, finance or economics degree preferred) and 5 or more years of previous accounting and/or financial service operations experience, including 3 to 4 years of managerial experience. Experience with Private Equity or Hedge funds preferred.
Job Opening ID
North Quincy - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.