Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Job Description Job Description
Reporting to the Accounting Manager (AVP), this role will be responsible for overseeing the financial accounting and reporting functions of the team. In addition to monitoring and reporting on team performance, this role has a strong focus on continually improving internal processes and championing improvements across the business.
- Provide advice and support for all processes and systems within General Ledger Operations.
- Be the principal point of contact for, and manage relationships with, the IT Business Unit Finance group, ensuring proactive communication and that compliance, service level and governance obligations are met, and that customer related requests receive appropriate and timely treatment.
- Provide input and assist in development and design of financial requirements on process improvements, system changes/upgrades including user acceptance testing/verification of system changes.
- Ensure compliance within the company's procedures, service level and governance obligations, and provide input to reviews conducted by external parties, corporate audit and corporate governance.
- Act as a subject matter expert on expense accrual accounting, recons and certifications.
- 5-7 years of related professional experience
- *Extensive knowledge of expense accruals & reconciliations preferred
- *Experience overseeing a transaction processing and reconciliations team preferred
- Bachelor's Degree
- MBA or CPA (qualified) preferred
- Results oriented team player
- Ability to drive change as well as process and systems improvement within a dynamic and diverse organization
- Excellent communication skills
- Thrives in demanding and challenging environments
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Exceptional relationship management and leadership skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience with Essbase, Discoverer, Oracle Finapps, Markview, and Accesss Database preferred
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.