State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $28.7 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.4 trillion* in assets under management as of June 30, 2015, State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs 31,070 worldwide. For more information, visit State Street's website at www.statestreet.com .
Promoting a culture of excellence
With more than 31,070 employees across 29 countries, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility - to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills.
We're a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us - people like you.
State Street supports flexible work arrangements where determined feasible, consistent with business and operational needs. Subject to an individualized assessment of these considerations, roles may be identified as potentially suited for a flexible work arrangement. Requests for a flexible work arrangement can be made upon hire. All employees at State Street have the ability to request flexible work arrangements, with the final decision based solely on business discretion and subject to management approval. More information is available here .
We encourage you to explore the possibilities that a career at State Street can offer you.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
This managerial position is within the Private Equity Services Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Services Group.
Fund Administration Officers interact with all levels of professionals both internally and externally. Therefore, exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are essential. Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and simultaneously direct multiple tasks.
Fund Administration Officers are responsible for maintaining direct client relationships and the day-to-day accounting and administration for several client sponsored investment funds.
- Supervising all lower level staff (including Associate 1, Associate 2 and Senior Staff)
- Manage client relationships with both client personnel and fund investors
- Review quarterly and annual financial work paper packages including portfolio schedules, accruals and PCAP allocations
- Review quarterly and annual financial statements and footnotes
- Review and/or preparation of annual tax work paper packages
- Review and/or preparation of capital calls and distributions, including notices and release merged documents
- Review monthly bank reconciliations and post journal entries
- Review quarterly management fee calculations
- Review and/or preparation of various client related correspondence
- Work with database team regarding client deliverables such as financial statements, capital calls and distribution notices
- Heavy client interaction on a daily basis
- Coordination of annual audit and tax return preparation with Big 4 accounting firms
- Review and/or preparation of waterfall and capital account allocations
- Understand how to navigate through limited partnership agreement
- Review and/or preparation of estimated tax workpapers
- Maintain working relationship with all client contacts, including investment professionals, investors, auditors, lawyers and banking personnel
- Ensure compliance with investment fund legal documents, i.e. partnership agreement
- Assist accounting managers to ensure compliance with investment fund agreements and other legal documents
- Special client projects
- Manage internal workflow and client deadlines
Candidates must have an accounting degree and at least 5 years of accounting experience, including 3 to 4 years of supervisory experience. Financial reporting experience required. Specific experience in the private equity industry is a plus. CPA is a plus, but not required
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.