Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
This managerial position is within the Private Equity Services Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Services Group.
Fund Administration Officers interact with all levels of professionals both internally and externally. Therefore, exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are essential. Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and simultaneously direct multiple tasks.
Fund Administration Officers are responsible for maintaining direct client relationships and the day-to-day accounting and administration for several client sponsored investment funds.
- Supervising all lower level staff (including Associate 1, Associate 2 and Senior Staff)
- Manage client relationships with both client personnel and fund investors
- Review quarterly and annual financial work paper packages including portfolio schedules, accruals and PCAP allocations
- Review quarterly and annual financial statements and footnotes
- Review and/or preparation of annual tax work paper packages
- Review and/or preparation of capital calls and distributions, including notices and release merged documents
- Review monthly bank reconciliations and post journal entries
- Review quarterly management fee calculations
- Review and/or preparation of various client related correspondence
- Work with database team regarding client deliverables such as financial statements, capital calls and distribution notices
- Heavy client interaction on a daily basis
- Coordination of annual audit and tax return preparation with Big 4 accounting firms
- Review and/or preparation of waterfall and capital account allocations
- Understand how to navigate through limited partnership agreement
- Review and/or preparation of estimated tax workpapers
- Maintain working relationship with all client contacts, including investment professionals, investors, auditors, lawyers and banking personnel
- Ensure compliance with investment fund legal documents, i.e. partnership agreement
- Assist accounting managers to ensure compliance with investment fund agreements and other legal documents
- Special client projects
- Manage internal workflow and client deadlines
- Candidates must have an Accounting degree
- At least 5 years of accounting experience
- 3 to 4 years of supervisory experience
- Financial reporting experience required - specific experience in the private equity industry is a plus
- CPA is a plus, but not required
Job Opening ID
North Quincy - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.