Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
This position is within the Private Equity Fund Services Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Services group.
The AIS Fund Administrator, Senior Associate interacts with all levels of personnel and occasionally interacts with clients or client contacts. Senior Fund Administrators handle the day-to-day accounting and related administration for one or more client sponsored Private Equity Partnership investment funds. Responsibilities
- Review and/or prepare daily position and cash reconciliations.
- Research and resolve discrepancies.
- Prepare and process general ledger journal entries.
- Prepare capital calls and distribution allocation schedules in accordance with fund documents.
- Maintain general ledger, including preparation and update of system generated reports and statements.
- Prepare financial work papers including, but not limited to, portfolio schedules, accrual work papers and partners' capital allocations and capital statements.
- During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Interacts with internal and external auditors providing requested information to specific inquiries as needed.
- Prepare, process and monitoring USD and non-USD cash movement to ensure proper and timely settlement.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy client files on a daily basis and archiving as necessary.
- Prepare various client correspondence and related ad hoc correspondence.
- Assist in training Associate 1 Fund Accountants.
- Participate in special client or internal projects as required.
- Candidates must have a college degree in business, mathematics, finance or economics preferred, accounting concentration is a plus
- 3-5 years of previous financial services experience
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience with Investran
- Experience with investment/Portfolio accounting platforms
- Experience with Fixed-Income Securities
- Specific experience in the Private Equity industry
Job Opening ID
Boston - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.