Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
This position supports the advancement of division projects and completion of administrative duties with the Operational Assurance team of the Private Equity and Real Estate Fund Services Business Unit (PERE) within State Street Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS). The Operational Assurance team is responsible for supporting client teams in all locations servicing private equity and real estate clients.
The Operational Assurance Officer interacts with all levels of AIS staff as required. Therefore, exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are essential. Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and simultaneously work on multiple priorities. General Responsibilities:
Responsible for supporting PERE in a wide variety of project oriented functions the Officer serves as a subject matter expert in one or more areas, interprets business needs, identifies key issues with processes and takes a broad perspective to problem resolution. Specific Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a comprehensive library of policies, procedures, user guides, and checklists in accordance with established standards.
- Report on and monitor operational errors and complaints that may result in financial loss. Monitor remediation plans and suggest adjustments to controls to mitigate risk.
- Contribute to the implementation and maintenance of a self-audit program, ensuring compliance with corporate and divisional policies and departmental procedures.
- Represent PERE on various AIS committees and working groups as a regular member or delegate.
- Create and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues across multiple locations.
- Assist with the collection of business data to be used for management reporting and project initiatives.
- Encourage diversity of opinion when analyzing and discussing issues.
- Participate in special AIS projects as required.
Candidate must have a college degree (business, mathematics, finance or economics preferred, accounting concentration a plus) and preferred to have at least 5 years of related experience in project management, fund accounting or business reporting. Alternative investment industry experience is also preferred but not a must.
Job Opening ID
Boston - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.