Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
The Risk and Compliance Team within the AIS Office of Operating Infrastructure is seeking an individual to oversee various projects related to regulatory and operational risk. You would support the direction, coordination, implementation and execution of specific projects ensuring consistency with the company strategy, commitments and goals. You will work closely with Alternative Investment Business Operations, Corporate Support functions and IT teams to perform duties. Your position requires interaction with senior and executive levels.
Your role will be part of a small team in the fastest-growing business at State Street (Alternative Investment Solutions) and liaise with functional areas including business operations, relationship management, finance, technology, and sales. You will have the opportunity to help identify and implement ideas to streamline processes, develop and manage project plans to analyze, diagnose, design and implement solutions for smaller projects or aspects of large, complex projects.Job Description:
- Support the design, implementation and administration of processes and tools for the planning and management of a project or program under general supervision.
- Assess and maintain project data quality.
- Help define, establish and support project management communication activities.
- Support the team's strategy and direction to meet client needs through a gained understanding of their business.
- Champion and support a collaborative cross-business environment that fosters change utilizing the Change Management Framework.
- Gain a solid knowledge of the Project Life Cycle framework, for example (SDLC), including the identification and management of associated tasks.
- Support the creation and maintenance of effective internal controls and implementing corrective actions to address any process and control deficiencies.
- Exercise sound judgment with regards to matters of significance such as project coordination, including project budget and risk management.
- Create and execute on your own professional and career development plan.
- Support team development through training and coaching and encourage experiential and other learning opportunities.
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities.
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence as part of our Way Ahead foundation.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience in a professional working environment
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of word processing, Microsoft PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Excel and database applications
- Understanding of Sharepoint Administration or other experience in document/content management
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Communicate professionally and timely while utilizing proper method of communication with business units and clients
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with business contacts
- Demonstrated project management support and an ability to drive towards deadlines
- Ability to multitask and navigate competing priorities
- Knowledge of financial and/or alternative investments a plus
- Experience with COSO framework, control design, LEAN initiatives, testing and/or process re-engineering a plus
- Experience with banking compliance or risk a plus
- Team player with a great sense of humor
Job Opening ID
Boston - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.