Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
State Street AIS Tax is contracted to prepare tax return work papers for various investment partnerships. The tax manager is responsible for the oversight and review of these tax deliverables. The tax manager is also responsible for the development of calculations, spreadsheets, and procedures required to allocate (in compliance with applicable tax regulations and partnership agreements) items of income, expense, capital gains and losses to the partners of the partnerships we are contracted to service.
The intent of the Manager position within the group is to facilitate the operations of the group and assist the Director in providing quality service in three general areas:
- The oversight and review of partnership tax return workpapers,
- The recruitment, development, and evaluation of group associates.
- Coordinates and manages the preparation of partnership tax return workpapers.
- Reads technical legal documents, (Partnership agreements, Offering Memoranda) and develops an operational servicing strategy.
- Determines data requirements and appropriate sources.
- Schedules the timing of all group deliverables in agreement with client needs.
- Coordinates tax return preparation with the public accounting firms.
- Recruits, trains, supervises, and evaluates professional associates.
- Schedules group personnel and ensure all preparers have the tools necessary to complete assigned tasks.
- Recruits and interviews new associates.
- Trains and instructs associates for technical, operational, and supervisory adeptness.
- Performs scheduled formal, and periodic informal, evaluations of associates.
- Other duties as required.
- Keeps abreast of new tax law, researches and communicates tax issues affecting partnership clients.
- Identifies, proposes resolutions to, designs applications for and implements both technical and organizational efficiencies.
- Implements Senior Management's strategic initiatives.
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance or business administration.
- 4-7 years industry experience with a concentration in securities partnerships and taxation.
- Working knowledge of the tax code with respect to partnerships and investment instruments.
- Strong knowledge of the tax research tools. Excellent spreadsheet development skills.
- Ability to work with multiple tasks under tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
Job Opening ID
Boston - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.