We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. Data and technology are transforming industries, society and even the workplace-by creating professions that didn't exist before the emergence of data, cloud, social and mobile. IBM Global Business Services is a leader in this transformation and just the place to launch your career, or start a new one, in consulting. At IBM, you can be part of a team that strives to make the world work better and to help our clients succeed through research, analytics and technology. Join us and discover what you can make of this moment.
Responsibilities of the AIX IT Certified Specialist include:
- customize and integrate developed applications software into a distributed and highly available network
- customization of shell scripts to support system operation and management; integration of operating system specific applications program interfaces into mission applications; and custom configuration of operating systems components to accommodate routine maintenance of redundant systems and special operating requirements identified during the integration process
- participate in the design and integration planning for new additions and changes
- configuration and administration of Cisco Nexus switch/routers, Cisco SAN fiber channel switches and SVC/SIV/V7000 storage primarily using NPIV
- Strong networking capabilities in lieu of direct Cisco experience will be considered. SAN experience in lieu of exact hardware mentioned will be considered.
Work location - Dahlgren, VA
A Government security clearance of DoD Secret is required on Day 1.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.