Alliance Manager - Accenture - Chicago, Ill.
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posted: January 05, 2017
Reference ID: 160012DT
Alliance Manager – Accenture – Chicago, Ill.
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for an Alliance Manager to join our team in Chicago.
The successful Alliance Manager will deliver a strategic return on investment to Dell through the development and management of core go-to-market strategies with leading Systems Integrators in commercial markets. Look to identify key business opportunities for both Dell and this key Strategic Alliance Partner in the Core Enterprise Sector, with a winning combination of “sell-to”, “sell-through” and “sell-with” value propositions.
- Leads our NA Accenture GCCS business which includes the compute, server, networking and hyper-converged pieces of the Dell portfolio
- Works dotted line with the Accenture GAM on account strategy and growth objectives
- Uses a Partner-Centric strategy to create solutions and practice development areas
- Leads the effort on alliance partnership which may include sales management opportunities, work closely with Account Team(s) to leverage off of these opportunities and drive incremental revenues and margins for Dell with strong focus on federal government
- Develop and manage relationships at an executive level with the alliance partner and ensure that linkages exist internally with key Dell executive stakeholders as well as develop a joint GTM strategy for Dell and the Alliance Partner in appropriate verticals
- Assesses how to integrate the future direction of Dell’s products and services with the future direction of the partner’s products and services to develop a common global strategy
- Establishes regular interlocks across various internal and partner resources on alliance strategy, milestones and projected results
- Leads overall design of economics and engagement and is responsible for due diligence in funding tracking and management
- Establishes strategic partnerships with external organizations to provide product and service offerings to potential and existing clients
- Researches and understands alliance business needs to ensure that all needs are met in a timely and cost effective manner
- Researches, designs and delivers complex value-based business solutions that meet exact customer-specified requirements
- Serves as a point of contact for specific alliances; coordinates alliance activities; and participates in contract negotiations to create alliances which are strategically and financially advantageous and additionally serves as an expert on product suite information, creative product-based business solutions, and future product direction and strategy
- Provides thought leadership and sets strategic direction to guide Dell and alliance account team in overall customer engagement
- Leads company-to-company relationships to create solutions and develop competitive advantage for Dell and Alliance partner in the marketplace
Account Complexity & Breadth
- Sells multiple LOBs and/or high-end services (e.g. managed / professional services)
- Sells primarily enterprise products and managed services with additional sale of computers, printers, peripherals and other hardware
- Sells to large, including global, national, and government accounts
- Sells to CEO, CIO, CTO, etc and other decision-making authorities (government boards etc…)
- Sells to multiple industries
- Able to provide direction to less senior sales team members. Project management skills are critical
- Multiple products and services, primarily enterprise level
- Prefer undergraduate degree and 10 years’ relevant experience or Graduate degree and 8 years relevant experience
- Ideally has experience selling to/with/through Accenture
- Ideally has a background in global system integrator (GSI) sales motions and go to market strategies
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Strong strategic and financial agility
- Industry experience/knowledge of competitive cloud solutions by market leaders
- Partnering experience driving solutions with global systems integrators
- Vertical solution selling knowledge and experience
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web atwww.dell.com/careers.
**Job:** **Outside Sales - Alliance Management*
**Title:** *Alliance Manager - Accenture - Chicago, Ill.*
**Requisition ID:** *160012DT*