Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. At Arconic, we develop and manufacture high performance, engineered products and solutions for the aerospace, industrial gas turbine, commercial transportation and oil and gas markets. EPS offers unique, comprehensive capabilities, from advanced alloy and 3D printing powder development to advanced manufacturing and qualification expertise. Our global footprint of manufacturing and R&D facilities are strategically located adjacent to customer clusters and in low-cost regions. Our four business units are built on market leadership in airfoils, fasteners, rings, forgings, extrusions, advanced alloys and industrial gas turbines.
At Arconic Power and Propulsion, a business unit of the Engineered Products and Solutions group, we hold the number one global market position in aero engine and industrial gas turbine airfoils-and we are a world-class producer of structural aero engine components. We excel in additive manufacturing technologies, vacuum melted alloys, machining, performance coatings and hot isostatic pressing for high performance parts that enable the next generation of more fuel-efficient aero engines and cleaner power generation.
Our Dover Casting division is a world-class supplier of complex, investment-cast turbine airfoils and other components for the aircraft engine and industrial gas turbine industries. Our Dover Alloy division supplies vacuum and air-melted nickel- and cobalt-based superalloys to internal and external customers.
Our Dover, New Jersey Alloy Operation
has an immediate need for an AfternoonShift Process Team Member
in our Alloy Processing Team department.POSITION OVERVIEW
The process team member ensures that all heats are processed according to customer specifications. ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Expected to assist in the implementation of EHS Values and policy statements and accompanying principals.
- Comply with all department, facility, corporate and regulatory EHS regulations.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report all job related illness and injuries (Per Employee Handbook).
- Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend all EHS training.
- Read, understand and follow process instructions.
- Process all heats to customer specification.
- Clean vacuum molds using tube cleaner.
- Set up mold tubes, install stools, hot tops and stage for use.
- After melting operation is completed and cooled, number heat in proper sequence.
- Perform knock down of tubes from mold racks.
- Stage bar stock properly for transport to bar line knock out press.
- Perform preventative maintenance, minor repairs on equipment in work area including the dust collection system.
- Minimal lifting requirement for this position. The entire inventory is moved by forklift, hydraulic lift or conveyor.
- Position requires the maneuvering and positioning tubes in to racks using manipulators. These tubes vary in size from 3" to 7 1/4" and weighs between 71 lbs. and greater than 300 lbs. The lighter tubes can be manipulated up to 140 times a day. The larger tubes (5 ½ to 7 1/4) can be moved up to 72 times per day. There are team members available to give assistance as necessary.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Team Leader or Supervisor
• Perform basic mathematical calculations.PHYSICAL DEMANDS/EQUIPMENT USED
- Use of: Fork Truck, Hoppers and Drums/Pallets, Various hand tools, Specialized lifting devices, Computerized and Electronic Printers, Cut off saw, Weight / Measuring Scales, Overhead / jib cranes, Tube Cleaner, Banding Equipment, Hammer, Chisels, Paddles, Calculator, CRT, Labels, Manipulator
- Frequent standing and walking. Frequent lifting of up to 25 pounds
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.Basic QualificationsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), political asylum, or refugee.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Candidates residing within a 50 miles radius of Dover NJ will only be considered.
Preferred QualificationsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent form an accredited institution.
- Must function as a productive member of a self-directed work team and operate with minimum direction.
- Able to focus attention for extended periods.
- Experience reading and understanding/using digital scales and other simple weighing and measuring gauges and devices.