Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Instructor will provide quality alpine ski/snowboard instruction to groups and individuals in a safe and fun manner while upholding all Yosemite Ski and Snowboard rules/regulations and Company guidelines. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied terrain in high altitude, with varying winter weather conditions
- Clearly and accurately instructing assigned levels of skiing or snowboarding to students, both physically and verbally
- Ensuring that students are matched to appropriate skier/snowboarding skill level and working with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary
- Assisting guests with transportation of equipment
- Assisting guests to load and unload the chairlift
- Communicating instructions and helping guests to their feet during a lesson; lifting children by the vest (if applicable)
- Setting up and maintain ski teaching areas
- Working with guests of all ages and abilities
- When working with children: Supervising children in class at all times; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring return of children to identified guardian.
- Should have extensive knowledge of advanced skiing and teaching techniques.
- Current PSIA/AASI Level 1, 2 or 3 certification preferred.
- Attend Ski and Snowboard training sessions
- Prior experience working as a ski/snowboard instructor is preferred.
- Must be able to able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Required to lift fifty (50) pounds consistently.
- Must have excellent communication skills and work well in a team.
- Must be able to handle varying snow conditions (extreme cold temperature)
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends
- Experience working with guests of all ages
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.