The Dow Chemical Company located in Auburn Hills, MI
is seeking a qualified individual for an alternating term cooperative education opportunity. JOB PURPOSE
Dow Automotive Systems' Analytical group carries out testing, writes reports, conducts instrument and laboratory maintenance in support of Dow Auto's efforts in R&D, TS&D, customer support, and project execution. All work must be carried out using well defined work processes and must be in compliance with TS 16949 requirements. This lab technician will assist other Dow Automotive lab groups as needed by performing physical property, adhesion, and analytical testing and have responsibilities for the creation, distribution, and retention of reports. Equipment calibration and verification are also a part of this position. This position has been successfully filled with rotational college co-ops over the past several years. This co-op student will 'rotate' with the current student employee so that there is always one co-op student to fill the position. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL JOB SKILLS
- Undergo safety, EH&S, instrument, and method training to be able to carry out requested testing safely and correctly
- Test samples: Analytical, physical properties and adhesion
- Write reports promptly to support customer-facing groups
- Maintain MSDS repository and support TS16949 lab accreditation document administrator as needed
- Manage request and report distribution and retention
- Verify and calibrate analytical laboratory equipment
Qualifications All candidates that receive a job offer will be required to:
- Proficient computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent written and oral communicational skills
- Ability to effectively work in a group setting, work with others, and in teams
- Carry out all work taking ownership of everything you do
- Pass a Substance Abuse (drug) screen and a medical evaluation
- Pass a background check
- Currently enrolled and pursuing at least a bachelor's degree in a science related field.
- Students must have an overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.700 or higher on a 4.000 scale at current university.
The majority of the work performed in this position requires a basic science background. The successful candidate would have basic knowledge of chemistry, chemical and mechanical properties of polymers, physics, and math. Past job experience is not a requirement.
A minimum requirement for a US-based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies in late 2018 or early 2019. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us , you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.
We are commercializing discoveries from the intersection of the chemical, physical and biological sciences that deliver solutions to the world's challenges.