Crowe Horwath is seeking a candidate to provide support to Alternative Officing (AO), front office and conference services in the Chicago office. This position also assists with new hire orientation and general administrative support. This position requires an outgoing professional with strong communication skills and exceptional customer service as well as technical competence and accuracy to support administrative and project work using Microsoft applications and other programs. This position requires high energy, flexibility and the ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment. This role will report to the Office Manager and is a member of the People and Client Support team.
- Process workspace reservations and confirmations including set-up and clean-up of workspaces.
- Prepare space utilization report including date compilation and analysis.
- Prepare and deliver alternative officing associated reminders and communications.
- Manage and maintain supplies relative to alternative officing.
- Assist with new hire local office orientation, new hire planning and set-up process.
- Responsible for meeting services planning to include conference room scheduling and maintenance, equipment reservations and catering.
- Maintain conference rooms and equipment (LCD projectors, video conferencing, polycoms), including stocking and replenishing supplies and signage in these areas.
- Maintain a working knowledge with meeting technology such as, Microsoft Lync, video conferencing and WebEx.
- Manage catering and supplies including ordering, staging and clean up.
- Develop and maintain relationships with catering vendors.
- Handle coding and tracking of conference and event related invoices, and the review and reconciliation of expenses.
- Monitor schedule of events including entering and editing meeting room reservations and resolving scheduling conflicts.
- Assist with logistics, communication and coordination of off-site events, conferences and activities.
- Support front desk administration including greeting visitors/guests, maintaining guest book and temporary badges, coordinating with building security and arranging for local transportation.
- Communicate maintenance issues related to HVAC and lighting to building management.
- Assist with various projects using Microsoft applications and other database or web based solutions, including document formatting, data tracking using Excel and development of PowerPoint presentations.
- Use knowledge of the business practices and priorities to proactively respond to daily issues and requests while keeping clients updated on status and completion.
- Research and document information using various Internet search engines and sites.
- Establish and encourage process improvement to provide effectiveness.
- Provide support and coverage to other functional areas as needed in the local office.
- Five years or greater of concierge and meeting coordination experience in a professional services and/or consulting firm environment.
- College coursework in business administration or hospitality services or equivalent experience required. College degree preferred.
- Exercise a high degree of discretion, technical competence and office administration ability.
- Intermediate level of expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Professional, Outlook, and web based applications are required. Ability to learn various other programs and applications as necessary and/or required.
- User expertise of office related technology and equipment such as WebEx, video conferencing, multi-functional devices and LCD projectors is required.
- High energy level with excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, professional presence and exceptional customer service.
- Ability to build strong working relationships at all levels, internal and/or external to the organization and respond to client service issues in a courteous and professional manner.
- Highly effective and polished verbal and written communication skills with competency in grammar and attention to detail.
- Strong project coordination, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong event planning skills with ability to manage all processes, materials and communications relative to meetings and conferences.
- Process oriented, accurate and quality focused with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and tasks to proactively respond and keep business leadership apprised of critical issues.
- Excellent analytical skills to identify and report trends and make recommendations in collaboration with others.
- Ability to handle key assignments of confidential nature, exercise a high degree of discretion and maintain highly confidential information.
- Ability to understand and strictly adhere to the brand and quality standards and procedures established by Crowe Horwath.
- Ability to function in high stress situations attributed to tight deadlines and multiple client needs or team needs.
- Desire to leverage technology to solve business problems.
- Ability to teach and guide others on use of software, tool and process and utilize both technical and interpersonal skills to assist clients.
- Demonstrate openness to new challenges and opportunities and continuous learning.
- Ability to work some overtime as needed around peak business periods, project schedules, meetings or events.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds, extensive walking, standing, and bending involved.
- Reliable and dependable with an excellent attendance and punctuality record.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential job functions and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties performed by personnel occupying this position.
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values®,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.
A little about us:
Crowe Horwath LLP is a public accounting, consulting and technology firm dedicated to connecting specialized knowledge with innovative technology to bring value to our clients.