At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a National Account Manager for the Industrial and Safety Market Center Channel Organization Job Summary
The Amazon Account Manager expectations
- Sets and executes the medium to long-term strategic direction and operating plans for the ISMC business at Amazon.
- Coordinates globally with 3M divisions, business groups, and subsidiaries to meet the requirements of both Amazon and 3M.
- Leads and develops executive level relationships at Amazon, responsible for complex account negotiations at an executive level. Resolves issues and conflicts related to account responsibility.
- Interprets industry trends, customer requirements, and business objectives to define guidelines/methods to achieve sales and profit targets for Amazon. Initiates and approves projects to continuously improve efficiency and competitiveness.
- Synthesizes required information and coordinates decision-making and operational/strategic planning to support the overall growth strategy.
include but are not limited to the following:
- Accountable for achieving Sales and Gross Margin targets for Amazon and operating within the sales and general administrative budgets.
- Has direct responsibility for Amazon account strategic planning, including establishing and managing sales targets, investment budgets and gross margin targets. Approves assigned market development programs and budget deviations as well as overall resources to meet business objectives.
- Leads the cross functional account team (Digital, Marketing, Business Services, Supply Chain, etc.) either directly or in-directly. Determines national, area or global priorities, timetables and assigns resources/tasks. Accountable for the activities and results of the functional area.
- Coordinates with BSO on sales reporting, business intelligence, sales analytics, customer master data, indirect data processing (point of sale and charge backs), customer relationship management.
- Creates solutions for complex and multi-faceted problems, which requires ingenuity, creativity, innovation, and strong analytical skills.
- Adjusts sales strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions for Amazon.
- Influences external decision makers at the highest account level.
- Builds strong customer relationships and leads negotiations of major contracts.
- Works with marketing, technical, supply chain, and distribution management to ensure efficient service to customers.
- Negotiates and counsels on an expert level, justifies controversial positions and demonstrates advanced persuasion skills. Interaction involves convincing others to cooperate, grant approval, or take action of a certain kind.
- Actively participates in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, complies with professional and quality standards, complies with corporate policies and procedures, and acts in a manner consistent with 3M's values and ethical standards.
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree or higher from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum five (5) years of experience with as a Channel partner and/or Key Account responsibility is required
- Experience working with digital marketing tactics and/or e-commerce promotional program development with and through channel partners
Location: Maplewood , MN Travel: U p to 5 0% domestic/internationalRelocation: Is authorized within Country per 3M policiesMust be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
- MBA degree is preferred
- Proven track record of developing and driving eCommerce sales and marketing programs through distribution
- Expert/master knowledge and experience with key account management and channel sales/marketing
- Strong analytical skills with experience analyzing point of sales information to recommend promotional growth programs to a channel partner
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.