This high-visibility position leads the planning and execution of risk-based audits and the communication of audit results to senior management. The Director is the primary contact with management throughout the audit engagement. The Director will also work closely with the Sr. Director and other Directors to assess process and strategic risks across all North American and Latin American businesses and Corporate functions and verify that these risks are addressed in the audit plan.
The position is based in Miami, FL and requires approximately 80% travel.
The Director will have four direct reports, but because of the matrix organization structure will manage up to 20 individuals throughout the year.Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
- Meet with cross-functional business leadership team (e.g., Sales, Operations, Finance, Treasury, Global Procurement and/or HR) during engagement planning to gain understanding of business processes, risks and challenges of the function to be audited.
- Present proposed audit scope and approach to SVP Corporate Audit.
- Facilitate workshops with business to understand process flows for in-scope processes, identifying key financial, IT, operational and compliance risks and assess the adequacy of controls in place to mitigate risk.
- Identify the key controls to test and monitoring activities to assess during the audit. Review the results of testwork, providing timely coaching to audit team members.
- Conduct weekly status update meetings with management. For any opportunities identified, communicate the issue, root cause and financial statements or profitability impact. Partner with management to develop cost-effective remediation plans.
- Identify best practices during audit engagements and share them across business units and locations.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve the efficiency of PepsiCo's audit procedures and/or supporting administrative processes.
- Support Sr. Directors with the development of Corporate Audit strategic plan and other key department initiatives.
- Coordinate recruiting and onboarding of new hires into the audit group, which serves as a talent pipeline for the PepsiCo finance and controls organizations.
- Manage the travel & expense and consulting forecast for audit engagements, providing explanations for variances to plan.
- 10+ years of accounting/control or finance experience.
- Fluency in Spanish and English. Conversational in Portuguese preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree (Finance or Accounting preferred)
- Previous Big 4 Public Accounting experience and/or CPA strongly preferred.
- Master's in Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
- Prior experience working in Latin America strongly preferred.
- Prior consumer products goods (CPG) experienced preferred.
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in matrix organization; handle competing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven collaboration/teamwork experience.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 80% of the time, including North America and Latin America, with the vast majority of travel within North America.
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.