Americas Campus IT Infrastructure Manager
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As an Americas Campus IT Infrastructure Manager
in Waltham, MA,
you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. IT
provides support and solutions globally, solves complex operational and business challenges, enables innovation and increases growth by bridging Information Technology and science with superior technical expertise.Main Duties and Responsibilities
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
The IT Infrastructure, Operations, Customer Support & Security function is the core back office Infrastructure Service responsible for the IT Infrastructure the entire organisation runs on. The function will provide world class capability for Infrastructure development and services and use standard ITIL processes to ensure Infrastructure Services are developed and delivered into the AZ landscape in an effective manner. This function will utilise strategic third party organisations that provide expertise in various capabilities across the Infrastructure. The overall function is truly global in scale with resources in Asia, US, Sweden and the UK. This role structure is within the Americas.
Campus IT Infrastructure is a key part of this function, accountable for End-User and On Site IT services across AstraZeneca. The function is made up of Regional Delivery teams underpinned by a Global Capability group. The Campus IT Infrastructure team will be the representative of IT Infrastructure at AstraZeneca's sites and within Customer-Facing IT service reviews
- The role is overall accountable for delivery of Infrastructure, Operations, Customer Support & Security IT services (Deskside Support, End User devices, on-site services (incl IT engineering), Training, Awareness and Utilization) at a particular site in the Americas.
- Provides people and technical leadership to resources, vendors and IT capabilities delivering Workplace IT services to a particular site.
- Takes ownership of and drives service improvements, provide resource and technical input to IT projects as appropriate
- The role-holder will be knowledgeable and experienced with a broad range of IT Infrastructure technologies and services and have extensive experience with IT service delivery and team leadership.
- The role will work with the Global and Regional Capability teams and will report to the Regional Campus IT Infrastructure Director or a Senior Campus Leader.
- The candidate must reside and or be willing to relocate to the local area. The role cannot be performed remotely.
- Responsible for Site IT Infrastructure Management at a particular site (or sites), providing leadership and a point of accountability for Infrastructure and Operations services.
- Lead a team of IT Specialists and vendors, responsible for the delivery of IT services to agreed Service Levels and customer satisfaction requirements.
- Provide leadership and input to the implementation of Service Improvement Plans. Manage the implementation and monitor progress.
- Work with Regional and Global Campus IT Infrastructure teams to establish and provide a responsive, customer focused IT Infrastructure service at a particular site (or sites).
- Act as a key escalation point for high-priority service level failures, and drive the resolution of issues in line with AstraZeneca business critical priorities working closely with the AZ Operations Center.
- Work with Service Introduction managers to ensure that plans are in place for transitions into service according to agreed standards and procedures
- Manage budgets for the service area and feedback information to IT Financial Management process.
- Liaise with Customer Facing teams to oversee monitoring of customer satisfaction levels and assure that identified issues are addressed - escalating as appropriate.
- Interact with Customer Facing teams to drive the implementation of effective communications with regards to service related matters.
- Ensure internal and external assurance activities are executed, and review outputs
- Ensure that service delivery performance against SLAs is analyzed and the data used to benchmark future SLAs
- Work across IT functional boundaries to present a coordinated, consistent service delivery into AZ business areas.
Next Steps - Apply today!
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline, or appropriate equivalent experience
- 10 years+ experience in Service Delivery and processes in a complex, multinational, corporate environment required
- 5+ years of successful experience in leading IT Service Delivery teams and processes in an ITIL based environment
- Critical business knowledge pertaining to site and relevant business areas
- Strong agility and customer service skills
- Experience in managing and developing 3rd party business relationships
- Experience related to the outsourcing industry desirable
- Knowledge of industry trends and best practices (including ITIL)
- An ability to work effectively in a matrix organization to build effective working relationships with customers, peers, and external providers in order to ensure delivery
- Experience in team management, conflict resolution / arbitration
- Experience of working within a quality and compliance environment and application of policies, procedures and guidelines
- A self-starter with high levels of drive, energy, resilience and a desire for professional excellence
- Strategic thinker with the ability to build and execute a strategic plan
- Ability to analyze requests or issues and provide the best possible solution
- Ability to prioritize, re-schedule or adapt to changes
- Ability to communicate both written and orally at all levels with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to make decisions in pressure situations at a management level
- Demonstrated ability to influence and maintain high levels of respect customers
- Ability to collaborate across the different technology towers
- Ability to work well in diverse, multinational teams and proven ability to influence others to achieve positive outcomes.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.