In Dell’s Global Operations organization, our talented supply chain experts and benchmarked processes and capabilities are supporting the company’s transformation strategy. With in-house supply chain training and development programs that enable our team members to build their careers with us, we’ve built an environment where our team members feel inspired, connected and have the ability to succeed every day.
Dell Global Communications is seeking a Communications Consultant to develop, manage and execute the communication strategy for Dell’s supply chain leaders, including the Chief Supply Chain Officer, and team members. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in the supply chain industry and advanced knowledge and experience with planning, implementing and measuring strategic communications.
While this role has global responsibilities, it is based in Austin, Texas.
The Communications Consultant will interact with global and regional leadership teams, communication colleagues and constituencies, both internal and external, to deliver planned and reactive communications supporting Dell’s supply chain. Responsibilities include:
* Translating business strategy, initiatives and progress into messages and communications plans for internal and some external audiences.
* Developing the communication strategy and leading its implementation, tracking and measurement.
* Executive communications (including speech writing, presentation development and written strategy updates), internal communications and issues management (including some media and analyst relations).
* Supporting key leaders with communication planning, materials and strategic counsel that align with Dell’s and Global Operations’ purpose and values and promote leadership visibility and engagement.
* Regularly consulting with executive leadership, communication colleagues and other business partners to ensure strategic alignment, monitor and advise on communication efforts and manage business risks.
* Monitoring external factors and stakeholders to manage risks, ensure effective communications and enhance Dell’s reputation.
* Organizing and leading an advisory council of employees to gather insights on current issues and communication effectiveness.
* Regularly updating the supply chain leadership and communication teams with progress on projects, issues and successes.
* Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years’ experience
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
* Experience with executive communications
* Accomplished project and process management skills
* Adept relationship management skills
* Strong problem solving skills
* Degree in communications or related field
* Experience with Corporate Social Responsibility and media relations
* Knowledge of logistics environment and supply chain concepts
* Ability to inspire innovation, promote teamwork, manage/support through change and uncertainty, and demonstrate the desire to relentlessly learn
/With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach/
*/Why work with us?/*
-Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
-When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
-Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
-We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
-Our team members’health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
*/Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:/*/ Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages./
**Job:** **Marketing - Corporate Communications*
**Organization:** **Global Marketing*
**Title:** *Americas Communications Consultant, Global Operations*
**Requisition ID:** *16000WCK*