Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, Indiana for an Americas Construction Manager. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading Supply Chain projects.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Manages the project management activities for assigned functional areas. Coordinates, prioritizes, negotiates, and manages the execution of all assigned projects and contracts. Leads the analysis, project identification, , budget, communication, and integration.
- Collaborates with business management to identify short and long-term projects to be undertaken; performs feasibility needs analysis to determine project timelines; manages the analysis, project identification, design, budget, communication, and integration of project plans; approves business workflow and project design; assesses business needs, Project Manager capabilities and available project budgets.
- Assists Project Managers with project issue resolution.
- Monitors the status of all projects on the team; monitors the team's budget; advises Project Managers on the design and development of project plans and timelines.
- Helps Project Managers assess project risk through use of quality tools; coaches Project Managers in alternatives, solutions, and change management approaches.
- Ensures that Project Managers leverage experience of cross-functional resources and resources external to the project team; reviews project documentation.
- Monitors project success measures and understands the status of specific projects and assignments.
- Manages the project managers; delegates project assignments based on availability, ability, and developmental needs; provides developmental feedback to team members; coaches other Project Managers in managing teams.
Issue Management - Maintains a cross-functional, cross-organizational project issues list, with appropriate prioritization based on the issue's level of importance. Drives appropriate and timely resolution and approval of changes to the project plan. Trains and/or mentors others in Change and Issue Management.
Scope Management - Solicits and organizes customer requirements (Voice of the Customer), and tracks the status of project deliverables. Proficiently uses a Value Package Profile (VPP) or other appropriate scope-defining document, and proactively manages change. Manages the connections between multiple levels of scope detail in related additional documents (e.g. Tech Profiles or equivalent documents). Trains and/or mentors others in scope management.
Schedule Management - Manages complex schedules integrating multiple sub-projects. Coaches "should mapping" sessions, and/or has an advanced level of proficiency with schedule management tools. Trains and/or mentors others in schedule management.
Resource Plan Management - Develops, manages, and coordinates cross-functional, cross-organizational resource plans for a portfolio, program, and/or project. Knows the right level of detail needed to complete the processes and use the tools effectively. Trains and/or mentors others in Resource Management.
Stakeholder Management And Communication - Identifies, engages and manages stakeholders at many levels of the company and across many functions and across boundaries (geography/cultures/plants/suppliers) on high impact, cross-functional or multi-year initiatives on a project, program or groups of projects and programs. Overcomes obstacles and resistance among stakeholders. Effectively stratifies stakeholder needs and creates and executes communications plans to fit the unique needs of each type of stakeholder. Trains and/or mentors others in stakeholder management.
Business Planning/Strategy - Performs business planning (business case, NPV, etc.) and strategic analysis and able to do sanity checks on the data.
Cross-Functional Knowledge - Understands the detailed work in multiple cross-functional areas. Trains and/or mentors this skill.
Project Risk Management - Leads complex or large project teams in the development of a project FMEA and/or 9-box project risk summary, and identifies and manages the actions to mitigate the risk. Trains and/or mentors other in this skill.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree required. Engineering or Construction Management preferred.
Significant level of relevant work experience, including team leadership experience, required.
-Provide oversight, governance for all major construction projects within the Americas
-Ensure projects are following NPS, NA Building Standards and PMO process, where applicable
-Work with NGKF (CMI Real Estate and Project Management partner) to define/select project managers upfront; build the bench
-Refine tracking/reporting process for construction in partnership with NGKF
-Partner with businesses, CIP, GIS FE to develop key construction and design partners
-In some instances, may self-perform project management duties
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.