PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
It takes talented people to support the US firm of the largest professional services organization in the world. Not all of us work directly with external clients. Some of our best people choose to apply their talents inside PwC.
As part of Internal Firm Services, you're serving an organization on par with many of our external clients. Our Internal Firm Services team consists of first-rate marketers, human resource professionals, computer technologists, knowledge managers, accountants, financial planners, administrators and leaders. Internal Firm Services staff are the people who make it work for the people who make it work for our clients.Job Description
Exciting opportunities await you as a member of PwC's Americas Region IT team. Our team of technology professionals provides internal technology services and solutions that transform and achieve PwC's mission of becoming the leading technology-enabled professional services network. We enable PwC to achieve its goals by driving innovation, enhancing digital capabilities and integrating technologies to create competitive business advantages for PwC and our clients.
Within Americas IT, we have exciting opportunities at all experience levels within our delivery domains. Our Data Center Core Services domain delivers world-class IT solutions across a diverse range of portfolios and business areas including Infrastructure Architecture, Design/Build, Infrastructure Operations, Service Management and Support.
The Service Manager works across aspects of the Domain and with service stakeholders to deliver high quality operational services. Service Managers provide an end-to-end view of service support. Support duties include; servicing as a stakeholder escalation point, coordinating the preparation of IT Operations for 'Project to Operations' transitions for complex projects, coordinate service interruption windows, stakeholder communications for unplanned service interruptions, and service metric analysis. On a daily basis Service Managers work alongside Data Center Services, Analysts, Service Desk, key stakeholders and apply a deep knowledge of services and delivery methods to improve the end-to-end quality of their IT Domain.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 6
Minimum Degree Required: High School Diploma or GED
Degree Preferred: Bachelor's degree
Demonstrates intimate knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the understanding and executing of the business needs in each of the lines of services which sponsors are assigned, emphasizing the following areas:
- The technical environment in the services being offered; and,
- Service management of all Line of Service-sponsored applications as well as some cross-line of service and enterprise applications.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Govern, monitor, and shape IT production services for a specific Line of Service as well as cross-line of service applications hosted within the Data Center;
- Deliver satisfaction to sponsors, stakeholders or users through active management of an application or environment;
- Manage customer relationship management, problem management, management of small efforts and operational requests, financial management and facilitation of miscellaneous IT-driven requests;
- Apply Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) principals to deliver quality service to application sponsors, stakeholders and users, by acting as a primary point of contact for the production application or environment;
-Resolve complex problems to address service issues or address service demands of assigned sponsor;
- Exercise independent judgment to escalate issues for resolution and meet service level agreements;
- Influence the operations and improvements to services for respective sponsors and stakeholders; and,
- Monitor cost recovery for the services managed.