The Talent leader is responsible for planning and execution of the road-map for training of all Sales Transaction Support (STS) employees within the Americas. This role will lead all HR programs related to people development, pipeline of resources and planning for strategic skills of tomorrow for the Americas STS organization.
The Talent Leader will collaborate with each of the Americas Market Leaders and Center Operations Leaders on execution of strategies related to the above. They will also collaborate with the Enterprise Services Talent Team in order to implement Strategic initiatives across the STS organization.
Responsibilities include supporting the Americas Geo and Shared Service Leader with operational projects as required. They provide functional program development, planning, guidance and support to ensure that business objectives are met.
They influence and advise management and other professionals on strategic and tactical decisions.
They analyze complex or new situations and implement solutions or develop new approaches, procedures or processes. Additionally, this role will serve as Agile Coach to the organization.This role needs to be ready to radically change the way we perceive and manage Talent in IBM (attraction, retention, development, recognition, promotion) by bringing bold ideas from inside and outside the company and become an (externally recognized) consultant of Talent management for an Agile organization.
Key Skills for this role-Demand management
- Identifies and manages stakeholders and defines immediate, tactical and strategic skill, talent and leadership development needs.
- Creates and manages a platform/forum of stakeholders to prioritize development demand in a matrix organization (Geo, location, reporting line strategy).
- Creates sustainable Talent and Skills plans for the strategic location.
- Agrees clear measures of success and facilitates the collaboration of Talent Advisors to deliver.
Leading the change
- Is able to manage multiple funnels of work and ensures a prioritized backlog representing key stakeholders (Geo Talent Executive, Geo Leader and Market Leaders).
- Delivers healthy and sustainable solutions to address local, tactical and strategic needs with a focus on self-service.
- Ensures deliverable are in line with IBM corporate and HR policies.
- Perceived as a role model, thought leader and advocate of IBM's strategic transformation to create an agile work environment.
- Ensures approaches on different levels of the organization are loosely coupled and tightly aligned.
- Creates and facilitates a learning guild to ensure diversity of perspectives and experience.
- Independent and impartial observer if guilds are functioning to build the needed capabilities.
- Create value proposition and alliances to export STS skills to other functions.
- Creates skills value (competitive advantage) on the market including maximizing value of individuals with outdated skills.
- Ensures that Talent approach and an Agile culture is represented in all our potential candidates (i.e. students, interns, job fairs).
- Continuously monitors industry trends and performs bench-marking of Learning and shared services industry.
- Acts as impartial consultant to the business on talent strategy & interventions and provides guidance to address specific talent management needs in given Geo.
- Consults the sites to profile themselves for a competitive advantage.
Candidates could be located in any STS strategic location identified for North America / Latin America. Preferred location in US could be Armonk NY, Raleigh NC or Atlanta GA.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.