Location: New York, New York
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 1400058458
The candidate will be responsible for performing diligence around The bank¿s existing and potential Third Party vendors and providing related administrative and case management support, with a particular focus on identifying potential money laundering threats on a vendor-by-vendor level.
¿ Conduct anti-money laundering due diligence using open source tools (e.g., Internet, Factiva, etc.) on The bank¿s existing and potential Third Party vendor population (e.g., broker dealers, technology providers, consultancies, other businesses whose client is The bank, etc.) in adherence to The bank¿s Third Party Management Office procedures;
¿ Manage follow-on actions resulting from due diligence;
¿ Have extensive interaction with the Third Party Management Office onboarding platform, including tracking the completion of questionnaires, uploading of questionnaire responses, and direct communication with Third Party vendors used by The bank;
¿ Update the Financial Crime Intelligence Unit team and Third Party Management Office on the status of due diligence on entities within the Third Party vendor population, with particular focus placed upon vendors with a higher-risk of money laundering.
The bank' Financial Crime Intelligence Unit (FIU) is part of the Global Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) function. Our principle objective is to strengthen the enterprise-wide Anti-Money Laundering ("AML") risk management through active identification of future risks and the management of firm-wide generic AML risks.
1. Exposure to Third Party vendor risk management onboarding programs and processes;
2. Established understanding of the risks associated with Third Parties, ideally Third Parties used by a financial services firm such as The bank;
3. Solid and proven ability to identify money laundering risks and how to recommend risk-specific anti-money laundering mitigants;
4. A minimum of 1-3 years of anti-money laundering, corporate/business intelligence, or investigative due diligence experience in the financial or professional consultancy industries;
5. A strong understanding of online research and desk-based investigative techniques;
6. Clear experience using case management platforms and handling multiple alerts that require specific and detailed follow-up;
7. Ability to work independently and under defined deadlines;
8. A Bachelor¿s degree in qualitative field (e.g. International Relations; Journalism; Law; Politics; Government; English; History; Criminal Justice; etc.)
Assist with carrying-out the Anti-Money Laundering ("AML") control function duties as part of The bank¿s new Third Party Risk Management (¿TPRM¿) program. TPRM is a brand new, firm-wide program with critical deliverables due by 3/31/2017
This is a contract temporary role with our client in midtown Manhattan NYC. Please submit your resume in MS Word format for immediate consideration.
Adecco USA, Inc. is an EOE.