AML Compliance Analyst
Posted: November 12, 2016
Reference ID: 702290170
Primary responsibilities of the position include using various sources, systems and multiple reports to independently conduct and carry to completion the review, evaluation and monitoring of accounts for suspicious activity related to money laundering, terrorist financing, and other criminal activities conducted at or through various entities. Identifying unusual customer transaction patterns indicative of suspicious activity; investigating inappropriate and/or fraudulent activity; conducting enhanced due diligence on higher-risk customers; escalating issues; maintaining thorough documentation of compliance with all BSA/AML/OFAC requirements; and continuously working to understand and mitigate risk and losses.
Other duties include the following:
¿ Interviewing customers, relationship managers and business partners in establishing factual resolution of investigative cases related to known or suspected money laundering or terrorist financing;
¿ Collect appropriate documentation to evaluate and recommend case investigations.
¿ Analyze alerts against customer profiles to determine whether more analysis is needed;
¿ Ensure timely resolution of alerts and determine whether supporting documentation is received is sufficient to validate resolution of alert;
¿ Interact with AML system and compliance officers to reflect proper review;
¿ Perform additional related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience with a minimum of 1 to 3 years investigative experience.
• Ability to comprehend and adhere to Federal and State banking regulations, Company policies and procedures, and successfully participate in regulatory and Company training requirements via multiple and variable delivery methods.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong PC skills including but not limited to Windows 2013 or higher, Microsoft Word, Excel).
• Must be dedicated and focused with demonstrated ability to effectively analyze data from multiple sources in multiple formats from various sources and core processing systems.
• Excellent organizational skills and acute attention to detail.