AML Sr. Investigator III
Job Level: Principal Associate
The qualified candidate will supervise various Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Operations processes which would include alert monitoring, suspicious activity investigations, reporting, customer due diligence and enhanced due diligence. Additionally, the qualified candidate will work closely with AML Process Managers to perform other critical functions. The applicant would be responsible for planning and conducting processes related to AML as well as managing the workflow of the AML analysis. The candidate would coach their team and teach others about AML processes through training and education.
This rolel supports various Capital One Broker-Dealer subsidiaries detecting unusual or suspicious activity in a timely manner in an effort to safeguard the integrity of the brokerage firms and ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act /AML regulations.
- Operational Management & Training: Supervise daily workflow and operational metrics of the Broker-Dealer AML Operations team. Daily supervision of a small central unit of Investigators. Assist with training in Regulatory Operations and in the business areas.
- Policy & Procedure Impact: Contribute to internal AML Operations projects related to the modification of policies/procedures. Assess new business acquisitions to determine what work should flow into AML Operations units.
- Quality Assurance: Perform quality assurance of Suspicious Activity Reports and other AML processes.
- Escalation Handling: Handle escalated issue as appropriate for advanced analysis and investigation, such as trading surveillance.
- Brokerage Industry Knowledge: Assess internal trends, external regulatory and law enforcement environment to make recommendations to understand risk areas.
- Respond to and coordinate with Law Enforcement contacts.
- Special projects as assigned by the AML Compliance Manager
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to effectively manage time
- Independent, self-motivated, detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible in responding to deadlines and workflow fluctuations
-High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification, or Military experience
- At least 2 years of AML experience within financial services
- At least 2 years of people management experience
- 4 years of Securities Broker-Dealer financial industry experience
- FINRA Series 7
- FINRA Series 24
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
At this time Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.