Job DescriptionAmundsen Consulting - ConsultantLocation: Cambridge, MA
The Amundsen Consulting Group within QuintilesIMS is an exciting and dynamic consulting practice where you can start or continue your career in healthcare consulting. As a new hire you will be provided on-the-job training that will allow you to develop the analytic skills and business acumen necessary to be successful on client engagements. In addition, our mentor program pairs all new hires with an experienced colleague to help you navigate your first year at QuintilesIMS.
Our consulting practice is focused on commercial issues in the U.S. pharmaceutical industry, providing strategic analyses to senior leaders at top U.S. pharmaceutical manufacturers. Our clients rely on our knowledge, experience, and aptitude for problem-solving to optimize strategies across their organizations. Our ability to leverage and manipulate big data, coupled with our in-depth understanding of a constantly evolving U.S. healthcare system, puts us in a unique position to deliver high-quality insights that address a variety of client needs.
QuintilesIMS possesses the largest and most comprehensive set of healthcare data assets in the world. From our position atop this wealth of information, we seek to deliver unparalleled insights and analysis to our clients. We are seeking the best, brightest, and most analytically motivated individuals to join our team and consult in a team-oriented atmosphere.The Role of a Consultant:
The Amundsen Consulting Group recruits Consultants with relevant work experience in consulting, data analytics, or the life sciences industry and degrees from some of the world's top institutions. Consultants typically begin with a shadow project when they first join, but are quickly expected to contribute to all aspects of client engagements. In their first two years with the practice, Consultants are expected to actively manage the running of parts of projects and the work of more junior colleagues. The analytic rigor, leadership, and creativity of our Consultants' work is critical to the success of our engagement teams and our practice as a whole.As a Consultant you'll be responsible for:
An ideal candidate will have:
- Designing and performing strategic analyses on Big Data to derive trends, conclusions, and actionable recommendations for clients
- Leading internal brainstorming sessions and collaborating with engagement team members throughout client engagements
- Synthesizing results and recommendations from the evaluation of secondary data on markets, physicians, patients, and competitive products
- Developing and working with sophisticated predictive models
- Creating reports, presentations and other client deliverables
- Presenting to client audiences in face-to-face meetings and via teleconference
- Building professional relationships with members of the client team
- Actively managing more junior team members work on projects
- Proactively developing knowledge of the healthcare industry and consulting methodologies
- Assisting with recruiting new team members and participating in the interview process
- 3-4 years of work experience in consulting, data analytics, or other relevant areas within the life sciences industry
- A strong undergraduate academic record (master's degree is a plus), excellent problem-solving abilities, exceptional communication skills, strong quantitative skills, and be a proven team contributor
- An interest in and desire to learn about the constantly evolving healthcare industry
- Good project management, time management andorganizational skills
- Excellent conversational and business English (written and oral)
- Exceptional IT literacy e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel (SQL is a plus)
- A willingness or ability to travel as needed (10-20% on average)
We invest in people through a range of initiatives in compensation, benefits, and learning and development, and we strive to create an environment where our employees are challenged, empowered and can flourish.QuintilesIMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We cultivate a diverse corporate culture across the 100+ countries where we operate, celebrating and rewarding teamwork and inclusiveness. By embracing our differences, we create innovative solutions that are good for QuintilesIMS, our clients, and the advancement of healthcare everywhere.