Job DescriptionAmundsen Consulting - PrincipalLocation: San Francisco, CA
The Amundsen Consulting Group within QuintilesIMS is an exciting and dynamic consulting practice where you can start or continue your career in healthcare consulting. As a new hire you will be provided on-the-job training that will allow you to develop the analytic skills and business acumen necessary to be successful on client engagements. In addition, our mentor program pairs all new hires with an experienced colleague to help you navigate your first year at QuintilesIMS.
Our consulting practice is focused on commercial issues in the U.S. pharmaceutical industry, providing strategic analyses to senior leaders at top U.S. pharmaceutical manufacturers. Our clients rely on our knowledge, experience, and aptitude for problem-solving to optimize strategies across their organizations. Our ability to leverage and manipulate big data, coupled with our in-depth understanding of a constantly evolving U.S. healthcare system, puts us in a unique position to deliver high-quality insights that address a variety of client needs.
QuintilesIMS possesses the largest and most comprehensive set of healthcare data assets in the world. From our position atop this wealth of information, we seek to deliver unparalleled insights and analysis to our clients. We are seeking the best, brightest, and most analytically motivated individuals to join our team and consult in a team-oriented atmosphere.Position Purpose:
The Principal works directly with clients to provide strategic insight and solutions to help clients address their most challenging problems.Principal Accountabilities:
Minimum Education, Experience, & Specialized Knowledge Required:
- Meets or exceeds assigned revenue targets by developing and delivering insightful, value-added proposals that address complex client issues
- Develops and/or elevates new business opportunities through the identification of follow-on work and new leads
- Seeks out and identifying new revenue opportunities at existing and potential clients
- Leads proposal development to ensure actionable, on-target and timely proposals are provided to clients
- Provides follow-up with client after project deliverable have been completed to ensure client satisfaction
- Remains current on industry, client and competitive trends and directions in order to anticipate and identify new business challenges and issues at assigned clients
- Contributes to enhanced firm awareness in the marketplace, e.g. through speaking engagements, client meetings, publications
- Participates in annual performance review processes for their project teams
- Engages in recruitment and selection of new staff
- Mentors, coaches and shares subject matter expertise with others to help develop individuals and our capabilities to deliver world-class solutions for clients
Strong academic track record including minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent, MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred (further personal/industry qualifications are valued but are not essential); at least 8 + professional experience in consulting, pharmaceutical and healthcare industry with evidence of career progressionAdditional Requirements:
- Demonstrable experience in and commitment to the life sciences and/or healthcare industries
- A track record of management, leadership and people development
- A willingness and ability to travel to client locations as needed
We invest in people through a range of initiatives in compensation, benefits, and learning and development, and we strive to create an environment where our employees are challenged, empowered and can flourish.QuintilesIMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We cultivate a diverse corporate culture across the 100+ countries where we operate, celebrating and rewarding teamwork and inclusiveness. By embracing our differences, we create innovative solutions that are good for QuintilesIMS, our clients, and the advancement of healthcare everywhere.
A little about us:
IQVIA™ has approximately 55,000 employees in more than 100 countries, all committed to making the potential of Human Data Science a reality, and we are actively hiring.