Job DescriptionAmundsen Consulting - Engagement ManagerLocation: Cambridge, MA
The Amundsen Consulting group within QuintilesIMS is an exciting and dynamic consulting practice where you can start or continue your career in healthcare consulting. As a new hire you will be provided on-the-job training that will allow you to develop the analytic skills and business acumen necessary to be successful on client engagements. In addition, our mentor program pairs all new hires with an experienced colleague to help you navigate your first year at QuintilesIMS.
Our consulting practice is focused on commercial issues in the U.S. pharmaceutical industry, providing strategic analyses to senior leaders at top U.S. pharmaceutical manufacturers. Our clients rely on our knowledge, experience, and aptitude for problem-solving to optimize strategies across their organizations. Our ability to leverage and manipulate big data, coupled with our in-depth understanding of a constantly evolving U.S. healthcare system, puts us in a unique position to deliver high-quality insights that address a variety of client needs.
QuintilesIMS possesses the largest and most comprehensive set of healthcare data assets in the world. From our position atop this wealth of information, we seek to deliver unparalleled insights and analysis to our clients. We are seeking the best, brightest, and most analytically motivated individuals to join our team and consult in a team-oriented atmosphere.Position Purpose:
Engagement Managers manage multiple consulting projects of varying complexity and ensure on-time and on-budget delivery for clients. The Engagement Manager contributes to new business development and maintains and strengthens the client base.Responsibilities:
Minimum Education, Experience, & Specialized Knowledge Required:
- Manages project teams including both internal and external resources in the design, development and delivery of client deliverables
- Leverages business experience and acumen in identifying strategic alternatives and project approach to client questions
- Serves as key point of contact with client
- Provides follow-up with client after project deliverable has been completed to ensure client satisfaction
- Ensures clear communication throughout projects and within the team
- Supports the development of intellectual property for use on future engagements
- Manages the process of proposal preparation and/or modifications including overall bid integrity
- Develops and/or elevates new business opportunities through the identification of follow-on work and new leads
- Develops broader and deeper knowledge of consulting methodologies and pharmaceutical market through on the job experience and training
- Provides direction, advice and intellectual leadership to clients and delivery teams
- Directs consulting teams through consistent participation in team meetings
- Provides high level input to, and ensures the development of, client reports and presentations and delivery of all or significant portions of findings to clients
- Shares subject matter expertise with others to elevate our capabilities to deliver world-class solutions for clients
- Leads ad hoc work streams on critical people-related issues such as recruitment, learning and development
- Serves as manager to junior staff
- Strong academic track record including minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent and an MBA or relevant graduate degree (desired but not a requirement) plus 6+ years professional experience in consulting, pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry with evidence of career progression
- Demonstrable experience in and commitment to the life sciences and/or healthcare industries
- A track record of leadership and people development
- A willingness and ability to travel as needed
We invest in people through a range of initiatives in compensation, benefits, and learning and development, and we strive to create an environment where our employees are challenged, empowered and can flourish.QuintilesIMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We cultivate a diverse corporate culture across the 100+ countries where we operate, celebrating and rewarding teamwork and inclusiveness. By embracing our differences, we create innovative solutions that are good for QuintilesIMS, our clients, and the advancement of healthcare everywhere.
A little about us:
IQVIA™ has approximately 55,000 employees in more than 100 countries, all committed to making the potential of Human Data Science a reality, and we are actively hiring.