Power Gas Power Systems
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
AMW Machining & Tooling Specialist-1st shift
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The GE Power Advanced Manufacturing Works is the bridge between innovative ideas and production-ready advanced technology to manufacture parts we couldn't before, enable speed to market, provided seamless entry into production and transform the way we work. The AMW Machining & Tooling Specialist will assist AMW Advanced Manufacturing Engineers, GE Design Engineers and Materials Engineers in developing new processes, manufacturing prototype components, and limited rate production hardware.
As the AMW (Advanced Manufacturing Works) Machining & Tooling Specialist, you will be hands-on and be required to be willing to learn and work on a wide variety of leading edge manufacturing processes and components. You will support the transition of newly developed processes to production shops by implementing and qualifying processes at various production sites as well as training manufacturing teams throughout the Power and Water supply chain.
As the AMW Machining & Tooling Specialist-1st shift, you will:
• Execute structured experiments to develop robust process parameters
• Setup, program, and operate a wide variety of machining equipment including both manual and CNC mills, lathes, wire EDM's, grinders, and abrasive waterjet machines
• Perform assigned tasks including setup, installation, calibration, documentation and operation of advanced manufacturing equipment
• Document standard operating procedures for daily operations, inspections, maintenance, environmental health and safety compliance
• Program PLC's (Programmable Logic Controller) and microcontrollers on furnaces, autoclaves, tool room equipment and specialized equipment
• Work with cross-functional teams including New Product Introduction, and New Technology Introduction as well as Engineering and Manufacturing
• Learn new manufacturing processes, as needed, including machining, ceramic processing, and fiberglass processing
• Train other team members through technical communications and presentations
• Support selection and operation of next generation manufacturing equipment and processes
• Troubleshoot and diagnose a variety of technical issues during process or machine development
• Assist in the investigation, documentation and correction of system issues or malfunctions
• Understand, interpret, and create technical information (i.e. 3-D Models, Engineering drawings, machine manuals, and standard operating procedures)
•High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 2 years of machining experience or instruction
•Ability and willingness to stand, sit, and walk a minimum of 8 hours per day in a manufacturing environment
•Ability and willingness to comfortably lifting ~30 pound tools, fixtures, & components
•This role requires use of technical data subject to U.S. Government export restrictions and this posting is only for U.S. Persons (U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents and protected individuals (e.g., certain refugees and asylees)). GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
•CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machining or tool and die experience with Fanuc, Heidenhain, Haas, Okuma, Siemens or Liechti Controls including machine setup, fixture indication, work clamping, tool setup, operation, clean up, and maintenance.
•Strong CAD / CAM Skills, NX / Unigraphics 6+
•Strong Windows PC skills, including Word, Excel, email, etc.
•Ability to interrogate 3D models, read engineering drawings and specifications
•Strong Geometric Dimension & Tolerance experience
•5-axis Operation & Programming
•Ability and willingness to take input and direction from more than one source, and reconcile it to produce high quality work
•Tool and fixture design using a 3-D modeling system CAD / CAM (Unigraghics)
•Experience operating and/or programming a CMM (Coordinate Measurement Machine)
•Industrial Gas Turbine / Aviation EDM (Electronic Discharge Machining) / ECM (Electro Chemical Machining) experience
•Laser drilling or laser ablation experience
•Creep feed grinding experience
•Basic experience with Lean principles
•Strong Project Management skills
•Strong manufacturing process knowledge
•Strong oral and written communication skills
•Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
•Ability to draw accurate conclusions from test data, as well as equipment malfunctions or deviations and assist with corrections to the existing design or process
•Welding experience with GTAW, GMAW, OFC in stainless or super alloys
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.