GE Aviation - Electrical Power, Pompano Beach is a recognized leader in the design and manufacturer of custom-engineered power conversion. Our site is predominately a US Military supplier providing equipment for a wide variety of land based, shipboard, missile and aircraft applications including air transport, rotorcraft and military fixed wing. We have been servicing major customers such as Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon and General Dynamics for more than 45 years. Our staff of dedicated professionals has consistently applied creative engineering solutions to support mission critical requirements. These solutions have repeatedly been successfully applied with state of the art manufacturing techniques in both high and low volume production programs. We occupy a 22,000 square foot facility, designed specifically to provide vertical integration of the broad range of capabilities required to provide us with control over all aspects of the design, development, prototype build and qualification of products. Our capabilities include: computer aided design centers, engineering laboratories, and prototype staff as well as EMI, vibration and environmental stress screening test equipment. We are a complete engineering design center utilizing digital, analog and creative packaging technologies to develop and qualify new products. Many of these new products support advanced power conversion requirements for a wide range of applications that include state of the art radar and laser systems. Pompano is a more recently developed community located just outside of Ft. Lauderdale, offering beautiful southern Florida weather all year round!Learn more about our community!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging.Come see what you are missing!Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging.Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Analog Power Electronics Lead Design Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Pompano Beach, Long Island
The Analog Power Electronics Lead Design Engineer designs analog power electrical circuits for converter, inverter, and various other power supply applications from a few watts to a few hundred KW for the next generation of products using state of the art technology. Demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals/programs/processes for an area or business segment. Has the experience or expertise to solve problems. Able to develop and execute objectives for self and others.
In addition you will :
* Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
* Use tools such as Mentor graphics to develop electrical circuit schematics and the latest analytical tools such as MATLAB and SPICE to verify circuit performance.
* Work with PCB designers to optimize space allocations, signal integrity, and power flow.
* Work with corporate research & development to apply the next generation of technology to existing products and also develop new products.
* Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project
* Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
* Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
* Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
* Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
* Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and / or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 5 years of Power Electronics experience
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering position
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Experience designing magnetic circuits and components for power electronic applications.
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We're diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.