Job Description: As an analog validation and test engineer, you will be working as a member of the Austin location's Analog Test and Validation (ATV) team that is responsible for the analog/electrical validation and manufacturing test of Intel's next generation leading edge Server CPUs. The scope of electrical validation and test includes validating and generating test content for the CPU Input/Output (I/O) analog circuits and signals, covering memory, PCI-Express, Quick Path Interconnect interfaces on the CPU, as well as the board and plug-in cards and DIMM memory as part of the computer system.
The analog test and validation (ATV) activities include high speed analog I/O circuit validation, debug and manufacturing test content generation, signal waveform measurements and analysis on transmission lines, printed circuit board validation, and validation software development. You will be responsible for developing and improving ATV methods for signal integrity and circuit validation, planning and executing validation tasks, performing statistical analysis on lab result data, and presenting results and conclusions to the ATV team's stakeholders. You will engage with ATV partner organizations in debug, developing validation methods and test content, and presenting validation and test results. You may also be responsible for mentoring junior ATV engineers, teaching them the craft and directing their efforts.
We are looking for a candidate whose behavioral traits indicate:
-Ability to use methodological approaches to solve highly complex problems
-Ability to generate and deliver written and verbal reports on highly technical engineering content
-Ability to make necessary autonomous decisions given vague and conflicting constraints
-Good interpersonal and leadership skills including working as a member of the EV team
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Must have either a BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical and Computer Engineering/Science
- Minimum 5 years experience in analog circuit design or validation, and/or signal integrity design or validation.
- Minimum 2 years experience in hands-on work in a hardware lab with test equipment (oscilloscopes, TDR, VNA, logic analyzer, etc.), computer systems, and test stations
- Minimum 2 years experience in computer system hardware setup and operation
- Minimum 2 years test/validation software development, including experience with c, c , or c#; scripting languages such as Python, Perl, or Visual Basic
- Minimum 1 year experience with mathematical and statistical data analysis, including experience with JMP and/or Matlab
-7 years experience with analog circuit design or validation, and/or signal integrity design or validation
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.