Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for overseeing system support functions in a client server systems infrastructure. Manages day to day activities of coordination of
critical functionalities within the system including maintenance, and interfacing with system personnel to ensure that all questions / issues arising are resolved in a timely manner and generation of key management reports. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Troubleshoots end user or system server issues (Including coordinating hardware repairs/replacements with server vendor and identifying system/application interdependencies).
- Helps manage and maintain server environment using existing systems and processes.
- Trains and educates new and current users of basic systems.
- Plans, coordinates and implements projects.
- Provides or designs tools and making data available in usable form.
- Provides consultation services for users with problems or new tasks and quickly formulates solutions.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
-Associate's Degree or Equivalent
-Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
- 3 yr. Server Administration Apache Web Server / Linux / Windows / SQL-Oracle DB.
- Strong understanding & integration of complex database queries/connections/mapping/sources into one system.
- Strong understanding & knowledge in front-end development / Web Application development / Object Oriented Programing with advance skills in Laravel 5.x, CodeIgniter, PHPCake, or similar MVC Framework.
- Physical requirements of the role include: lifting about 20lbs, carrying computer equipment, pushing carts and pallets filled with computer equipment, racking servers, reaching above and bending under desks. Frequent walking and travel between sites.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer