Analyst, Analytics and Data Products
Posted: April 15, 2017
Reference ID: 107201039
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Are you skilled at turning hard numbers into compelling stories and useful strategic insights? Do you solve complex data challenges with creative flair? Put those skills to work answering strategic questions for one of the world's most respected and innovative payments companies.
Visa has built one of the world's most advanced payments networks. It's capable of handling more than 20,000 transactions per second, with reliability, convenience and security. With over 70 billion transactions processed by Visa every year, we have a rich source of data to help our payment industry partners plan for the future.
The Analytics and Data Products (ADP) group works with internal business teams, our key Visa issuing banks, and merchant clients to drive value from Visa's unique global data assets. The Analyst will be a critical member of the ADP team that supports merchant sales and strategy organization, reporting to a Sr. Director within ADP.
In this role, you will be responsible for helping to blueprint and deliver analytic projects that solve clients' business objectives. You will leverage your knowledge of big data and analytic techniques such as modeling and segmentation. Based on findings from data analysis, you will draw insights and make actionable recommendations that reflect the client's business and context. This function is critical in building market-relevant client solutions and intellectual property for Visa.
The position will be based at Visa's headquarters in Foster City, California.
• Work with manager and clients to fully understand business requirements and desired business outcomes
• Assist in scoping and designing analytic projects and solutions. Contribute to brainstorming sessions
• Execute analytic projects ranging from small to large either individually or as part of a project team
• Extract actionable business insights from the data and build deliverables that clearly communicate the findings and recommendations
• Research industry metrics and business context and bring this context to bear in analyses
• Ensure project delivery within timelines and budget requirements
• Keep an eye out for opportunities to create and automate repeatable analyses or build self-service tools for business users
• Perform other tasks on an as-needed basis
We are looking for a strong analytic thinker and problem solver, with a blend of skills:
Business skills and general qualities:
• Good business acumen and experience interpreting data to draw business insights
• Articulate communicator able to translate data and technical concepts for a business audience
• Know or be willing to learn project management skills and techniques
• Team oriented, energetic, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style
• Demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, strong attention to detail
• Intellectually curious and continuously striving to learn
• High level of competence in Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools like Tableau, Microstrategy, or other programs
• Real world experience using Hadoop and related query engines (Hive / Impala)
• Familiarity or experience with data mining and statistical modeling (e.g., regression modeling, clustering techniques, decision trees, etc.) is very helpful
• Some proficiency with SAS as a statistical package is also highly desirable
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.