As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The Collections Analyst is responsible for a portfolio of third party, non-subscriber accounts, ensuring that payments for open charges are received and cleared accurately and timely. Utilizing strong analytical and customer service skills, the Analyst will work closely with both internal and external partners to proactively identify and resolve issues that may lead to payment performance issues including billing discrepancies, missing credits, and misapplied payments. At times, the Analyst will be required to enforce compliance with established payment policies and terms. Throughout this process, the Analyst will coordinate and document communication with the affected parties, striving to achieve a successful resolution, but also escalating issues as needed.Minimum required
2+ years of work experience in billing and/or collections
Intermediate computer skills (MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Experience with SAP or similar ERP system
Superior oral and written communication skills including the ability to flex communication style and to communicate effectively at all organizational levels
Ability to build lasting and effective working relationships with both internal and external partners
Strong organizational and time management skills; effectively balance multiple priorities and meet deadlinesDesired
5+ years of work experience in collections (preferably commercial collections)
Advanced SAP proficiency
Experience working directly with and training offshore vendor partnersEducation
Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting. 5+ years of work experience in collections in lieu of degreeRequires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Manage a portfolio of accounts, ensuring timely and accurate billing and collection. Engage partners and account stakeholders on various matters including billing, collection of delinquent balances, and negotiation of payments. Portfolio health is managed through review and analysis of account aging.
- Thoroughly and accurately document all interactions with internal and external customers for historical reference and potential dispute resolution. Maintain awareness of all payment-preventing issues and provide recurring updates on issue status.
- Actively engage in efforts to resolve AR delinquencies including analyzing historical payment trends, sharing insights, and proposing recommendations. Identify and socialize the underlying causes of AR delinquencies.
- Monitor assigned accounts daily for NSFs, order holds, credit limit overages, and other adverse circumstances. Work with account stakeholders to resolve these issues expeditiously.
- Partner with offshore team to provide support of daily processes and escalated issues.
- Assist in documenting business processes and workflows.
- Also responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.