We invite your application now for a future need for an exciting newly created future opportunity at Penske !
The primary responsibility is to manage advanced measurement projects, analyze, benchmark and provide insights to Penske management and customers about their fleets. Synthesize both traditional and new sources of data into insights and actionable business recommendations.
- Manage large data sets - extract, transform and load large datasets in tools ensuring data quality
- Work with the business to understand needs for analysis and translate into data and modelling requirements
- Develop and manage large data models
- Develop strong visual aids to effectively communicate data and insight findings
- Make recommendations and give expert advice to management on improvements and fleet optimizations based on analysis of data.
- Other projects as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, economics, computer science or a related field preferred
- 3-5 years' in data analysis including experience in working with data in parallelism
- Knowledge of Hawq or Greenplum environment a plus
- Knowledge of statistics tests, analytical skills and data modeling
- Ability to work with large, continuously flowing amount of structured and unstructured data
- Understanding of data support languages such as SQL, Java, Pearl, R, Python or MADlib
- Working knowledge of SAS, SPSS, SQL Server and other analytical tools
- Able to translate complex analytics to insights that are understood by business users
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, General Electric Capital Corporation and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 216,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
A little about us:
Penske Truck Leasing and Penske Logistics proudly recruits and hires veterans nationwide. We’re annually listed on the Victory Media Top 100 Military-Friendly Employer list (they publish G.I. Jobs and Military Spouse magazines). Last year, 13 percent of new hires were veterans. The company is actively hiring truck drivers, truck maintenance and logistics operations personnel. We are a leading global transportation services provider, offering full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.