Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
As a member of SSGA's Corporate Governance team, the individual in this role will be involved in all activities associated with SSGA's global asset stewardship activities and in providing support to team members in other regions. The Corporate Governance team is responsible for developing and implementing the firm's proxy voting and engagement guidelines, managing issuer engagement, and undertaking research and analysis of governance and sustainability related issues.
This role requires significant cross-organizational teamwork to: i) develop and implement SSGA's proxy voting and engagement guidelines, ii) engage with global portfolio companies, iii) build relations with members of investment and client-facing teams, iv) present our views to clients and market participants, and v) enhance SSGA's stewardship program through thought leadership. Key responsibilities:
- Vote proxies at company shareholder meetings across global holdings
- Engage with companies on topics ranging from long-term strategy and capital allocation to environmental, social (ES) and corporate governance-related matters
- Assist with data capture, analysis and reporting of corporate engagements and proxy voting statistics for client
- Conduct research on key ES/corporate governance topics/trends including background research on portfolio companies
- Ensure that relevant matters are escalated to the head of corporate governance in a timely manner
Qualifications Experience & Skills:
- 0-3+ years of experience in proxy voting and company engagement or relevant investment analysis
- Ability to work independently and to proactively seek assistance/guidance when required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to collaborate with members of the team to achieve group performance targets
- Understanding of the interplay between business, strategy and ES/corporate governance factors; familiarity with the investment management business a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics or related field
- Self-starter, motivated and driven to succeed
- Highly developed team player with the desire to work in a global, multi-cultural environment
- Results oriented
SSGA is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.