Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right.
The Customer Care Analyst provides factory-based support to end-user customers and dealers seeking product and warranty information, technical and diagnostic support, service location assistance, and general company information. Act as the central point of communication between the customer and Cummins to provide the ultimate customer experience.
- Document intermediately (fully proficient) customer interactions information within Cummins, strengthening the link between the customer and the factory.
- Build a professional relationship with customers to increase loyalty in the Cummins' products.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism with composure and resilience.
- Provide Intermediate direct and prompt assistance to customers through various media (phone, email, letter, and fax), acting as a customer advocate.
- Resolve all common customer issues through a broad understanding of Cummins processes, systems, and practices at an expanded level of understanding with limited escalations.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills in a cross-functional organization, building relationships and managing conflict with customer.
- Ability to manage escalated issues from internally and/or externally as required providing documentation throughout process.
- Contribute to the development of customer and knowledge database(s) by accurately and consistently recording customer contact information and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
- Willingness to share information by providing assistance to peers while having openness to learning and contributing to the development of a positive work environment within Customer Care.
- Manage the coordination of product information between business units, distributors, end users, etc.
- Support/manage contact center quality improvements and response targets.
- Participate in Six Sigma as a team member and input ideas into hopper.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to be flexible with time constraints and scheduling if applicable.
- Analysts should be Intermediate (fully proficient) in the application of customer service knowledge/skill set in a wide range of work situations.
- Fully proficient in practical experience interacting with customers providing technical direction.
- Ability to interpret troubleshooting trees to provide assistance to customers.
- Ability to manage and train conflict resolution and diffuse situations to provide optimal end results.
- Fully proficient skills in planning/organizing, problem solving, attention to detail, accuracy, and professionalism.
- Management of assigned accounts/end users/distributors/ in house customers aligned with Service Level Agreement that includes but not limited to daily/weekly/monthly reporting measures, communication with details, follow through with deliverables, etc. with ability to train others.
- Able to advise/train others of status at any time throughout the process of customer experience.
- Partner with internal Customer Care employees, distributors, suppliers, and other business units to maximize service to customers.
- Act as the primary support for customer escalations.
- Intermediate skills with computer related programs such as Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
- Able to type 40 WPM.
- Able to perform with no guidance effectively with Telephony System and Telephony Quality Compliance by providing documentation for each contact.
- Ability to analyze and understand Telephony reporting measures.
- Intermediate skill sets of applicable database systems (SOMS, GOMS, Seibel, IMS, Red Prairie and /or Citrix) and ability to run reporting measures.
- Intermediate (fully proficient) understanding of Cummins products (engines, filtration, power generators, components, marine products, high horsepower products, Dodge applications, etc.) with the ability to train others.
- Intermediate (fully proficient) understanding of diesel engine operation, parts, and warranty support to our end users and fleet users and ability to train others.
- Intermediate understanding of Logistical concepts with the ability to train others.
- Thorough understanding and ability to train on knowledge of Engine Familiarization.
- Thorough understanding schematic/blue prints/wiring diagrams with the ability to train.
- Capable of analyzing data to provide suggestions to reduce variations through implementation of new processes.
- High school diploma and minimum of 3 year of customer support experience.
- Technical associate's degree preferred (gas or diesel technician).
Compensation and Benefits
Base rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
A little about us:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.