Analyst Development C&P (Job Number: 024780)
Corporate Office - 1417 Lake Cook Rd
1417 Lake Cook Rd
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Responsible for preparing analyses to support the development of individual proposals and contracts for Walgreens' product and service offerings. Supports the Managers and Directors within the C&P Development group facilitating a cross functional and collaborative working relationship with Sales and Finance colleagues. Assists managers and directors and sales colleagues in the development of account plans and pricing strategies that maximize profitability for the customers and segments assigned. Collaborates collaborate closely with peers within the Contracts and Pricing Department. Job Responsibilities
- Assists departmental Managers and Directors in gathering data, monitoring performance and preparing financial analyses in support of the cross-functional joint account planning process for assigned customer segments and accounts.
- Develops specific account knowledge and understanding of contractual terms and actual performance to assist managers, directors and sales partners in developing and enhancing account strategies, pricing alternatives and contract language.
- Develops and prepares pricing models and corresponding account proposals ensuring they are complete in accordance with defined service levels in order to meet internal and external customer timelines.
- Adheres to operational procedures to secure reliable data and prepare pricing scenarios utilizing established models for purposes of developing and analyzing account proposals related to products and services for his or her assigned customer segments and accounts.
- Researches customer and contract issues that may affect account planning, strategies and proposals. Assists in the development of formal RFP responses as necessary.
- Assists Directors and Managers in the contract drafting and red-lining process.
- Presents individual account proposals to governing committees as needed.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of experience in Contracting, Finance, Account Management , or Pricing OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 3 years of experience in Contracting, Finance, Account Management, or Pricing.
- Knowledge and understanding of departmental data, business metrics and operational processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of the systems, data, reports and operational processes that is critical to developing account proposals and executing contracts.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience using business analytical skills including facilitating requirements sessions and documenting activity workflows and business requirements.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.