This position reports directly to the Manager, Marketing and is responsible for executing customized event programs for all retail market segments. This role will work with internal functional groups and marketing colleagues to provide project management and on-site coordination of events including but not limited to: educational seminars, conferences, tradeshows, hospitality and sporting events for customers, prospects brokers and association partners. The role will work closely with colleagues in developing strategies around raising awareness and increasing attendance to events.
Requirements: This role requires previous experience in B2B marketing, preferably with some event marketing experience. Must be able to travel ~25%. An ideal candidate has strong written/verbal skills, excellent project management skills, and creativity with focus on delighting customers. A Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, advertising or a related field is required.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
· Project Management of Events – Aid in the identification and planning of large- and small-scale events for customers, prospects, association and channel partners, including educational conferences, tradeshows, hospitality and sporting events. Provide weekly event updates to internal marketing and sales stakeholders. Coordinate internal event approvals and cross-reference events and all materials with internal legal and ethics committees. Manage communications and online orders with vendors; track and manage shipments to and from onsite events, and aid in the development of event marketing promotional materials.
· Event Execution and Onsite Coordination - Travel to and manage onsite events for retail organization. Coordinate registration lists, track onsite attendees, manage vendors, process invoices, provide set-up and break-down services, compile and finalize agenda and presentation materials, coordinate onsite event communications and ensure an excellent attendee experience.
· Measurement and Tracking –Track and maintain event ROI dashboard with marketing program managers. Implement onsite and digital surveys focused on tracking net promoter scores and improvement opportunities for future events. Track event expenses, ensuring adherence to budget guidelines, and keep stakeholders informed.
· Operational Excellence – Implement and maintain event best practices and communicate tactics to the organization. Aid in development of a customized, retail-specific event speaker training program to enhance educational seminars. Work with internal functional groups to develop strategies around raising awareness and increasing attendance to events.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, digital media or a related field is required.
· 2-4 years of experience in B2B marketing, preferably with some event market experience. Must be able to travel ~25%, or on occasion up to 40%.
· Strong written/verbal skills, excellent project management skills, and creativity with focus on delighting customers.
The ideal candidate will also be able to do the following:
· Influence sales leaders and all levels of individual contributors
· Use strong communication skills that motivate teams and drive results.
· Use strong facilitation skills to encourage brainstorming
· Work collaboratively with marketing colleagues, sales partners and other functional groups
· Be comfortable with ambiguity
· Experienced with effective Change Management development and execution
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor