At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Join our Constellation team and become part of Exelon's competitive retail and wholesale energy business. Constellation is headquartered in Baltimore, with regional offices in Chicago, Green Bay, Houston, Kennett Square, Louisville, and New York.
We develop energy management strategies that help customers buy, manage and consume energy. Our retail unit is among the largest and most comprehensive in the industry with approximately 1 million residential customers that rely on our commitment to innovation, dependability, transparency, and service. Our wholesale business serves utilities, municipalities and co-ops and features world-class risk management and energy trading capabilities.
The Gas Scheduler, logistics position, manages and is accountable for the day to day scheduling of purchased volumes, as well as owned transportation contracts on the (inter/ intra)-state pipeline systems for which they are assigned. The Scheduler is expected to work with internal customers, pipeline representatives, and external suppliers to ensure the confirmation and tracking of all purchased and actualized volumes at their respective receipt and delivery points.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Allocate and schedule interstate and intrastate pipeline capacity to ensure proper utilization of company owned transportation assets.
• Confirm that all gas scheduled with assigned interstate/intrastate pipeline(s) are validated and accurately scheduled to the correct receipt/delivery points.
• Monitor assigned interstate/ intrastate pipeline(s) Electronic Bulletin Boards (EBB) for restrictions or critical notices that may be issued.
• Maintain internal reports that track daily volumes, rates, terms, and costs associated to each specific transportation contract.
• Communicate effectively, in a timely manner, both orally and written, with internal customers and external contacts including customers, pipelines and/or suppliers.
• Understand the tariff regulations for assigned interstate/intrastate pipeline(s).
• Participate in on-call weekly rotation as assigned.
• Complete end of month reconciliations, within the timelines as directed, to validate data in all systems of record are accurate.
• Maintain assigned interstate/intrastate pipeline rates and fuel factors in energy database on a monthly basis.
• Maintain flexibility in work schedule to meet peak day requirements.
• Adhere to both company and departmental processes and procedures.
• Attend industry conferences and customer meetings as required.
Qualifications• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.