Under general direction of the Director of Revenue and Margin Management, the Generics Margin Analyst is responsible for providing quantitative rationale in support of ABDC's generics contract portfolio management initiatives targeting maximization of generic sales and margin. This role analyzes and interprets internal and external business reports, performs trend analysis, develops projections and creates action plans geared toward achieving incremental share capture and margin growth. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Creates management reports identifying generics performance trends across business channels / segments and PRxO Generics contracts. Responsible for enhancing and streamlining reporting processes via Microsoft access databases and visual basic.
- Performs competitive analysis for assigned PRxO Generics customers / contracts; interpreting performance and highlighting opportunities to grow sales, improve margin and attain defined PRxO Generics compliance objectives.
- Ownership for assessing item level pricing on assigned PRxO Generics contracts.
- Conducts in depth leakage analysis and reporting at customer/chain/channel level
- Audits and approves PRxO Generics customer setups and program facet eligibility; ensuring consistency to defined policies and guidelines. Makes recommendations for standardized setups.
- Works with other functions within AmerisourceBergen to develop practices and processes that measure, manage, and maintain ongoing adherence of customer generic pricing set up profiles with commercial contract commitments, internal policies and external requirements.
- Responsible for administration of the Passport customer ordering system rebate interface; ensuring accurate set up and ongoing administration.
- Develops performance reporting tools and maintains measurement and tracking of assigned customer specific promotional discount programs on a monthly / quarterly basis.
- Assists with other designated ongoing and/or ad hoc reporting of key performance metrics tracked and monitored on a monthly/ quarterly basis.
- Documents all processes and procedures as related to primary duties and responsibilities
- Must be willing to work extended hours, as needed, in order to meet objectives; must be willing to travel to conferences, national and regional sales meetings as required.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, pricing, marketing, economics, statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, strategy, finance or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. Requires minimum 3 years of directly related and progressively responsible experience, including at least 1 years' experience in analytics and project/process management. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Superior in Microsoft Office Excel, Access, Word and Power Point
- Visual Basic knowledge a plus
- Strong familiarity with Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence applications and standard reporting
- Ability to analyze financial data and interpret results
- Ability to convey results of analysis in an easy-to-follow format
- Knowledge of SAP systems a plus
- Superior analytical skills relative to financial modeling; fluent in profitability calculations
- Excellent organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work well within a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to communicate and discuss analytic results to different and varied audiences
- Experience working with Pharmaceutical pricing a plus
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and provide insight and recommendations to Senior Level Management.
- Ability to read and interpret complex contractual agreements in regards to PRxO impact