Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
The Analyst I will work in Fannie Mae's Capital Markets division. This position will serve in a support role and assist in daily capital markets activities of inputting trades, creating reports and/or analyzing data.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Follow the broad interest rate markets and develop insights on the impact of the macro markets on Fannie Mae's interest rate risk management/Liquidity position
- Track market activities; provide daily pricing and transactional support to the team
- Build proficiency with market data sources (Bloomberg, Yield book, etc).
- Develop understanding of internal valuation and risk models and use these tools to assist with analysis.
- Assist in performing periodic model assessments to develop an intuitive understanding of changes in the mortgage interest rate risk and credit risk models.
- Contribute to the process of model and technology improvement across various analytic and database tools. Participate
in testing system enhancements.
- Participate in team discussions, represent the desk in internal discussions with key stakeholders as needed and prepare
- Develop and build strong relationships with internal customers through regular dialogue.
- Update desk procedures and look for opportunities to improve processes.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 1 years of related experience
- Strong data analysis, modelling, statistical analysis and spreadsheet skills. Programming experience preferred
- Ability to utilize models to analyze trades, value positions and report on performance
- A good theoretical understanding of financial concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized, be able to work independently as well as a member of the team
- Capable of building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Highly self-motivated
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong relationship management skills to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of interest rate risk management a plus
- Experience working on a trading desk or risk management a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.