Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Data Foundation Developer I, Business Intelligence will work on querying, manipulating and analyzing enterprise data.. They will collaborate with product teams to understand new data foundation needs, and ensure solutions developed meet business needs. This position will also be responsible for daily support activities to ensure data is available and accessible for our business community.
- Translating functional and technical requirements into data solutions
- Highly proficient in SQL including Stored Procedures and Functions
- Familiarity with data modelling concepts of Inmon and Kimball
- Provide development estimates and prepare technical documentation.
- Perform development quality checks and share ideas for improvement.
- Participate in daily scrum meetings to share status updates and raise issues/risks.
- Perform and document test cases as part of the development process.
- Perform functional testing as needed.
- Collaborate with cross-team Functional Analysts to build knowledge within the team.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by leadership team.
- Follow and champion all Sysco policies and procedures.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business or Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of Advanced SQL development required
- Familiarity with AWS Redshift, Oracle or Teradata is a plus.
- Agile methodology experience preferred.
- Writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to research, identify and communicate the root cause of issues.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment; collaborate with supporting teams to achieve goals and ensure solutions are not siloed.
- Team player with high attention to detail; able to quickly react to changes in business needs.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Highly motivated to accomplish desired goals and outcomes and requires little or no supervision or direction to achieve them.
- Proven ability to identify, focus on, and own high priority issues and tasks.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills; manages time well.
- Demonstrate ability to deliver against deadlines and produce high quality results (accuracy, thoroughness in the deliverables they are producing).
- Self-motivated and ability to apply good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Experience with Advanced Excel and Access is a plus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- This position can be performed from the corporate facility.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
The signature below indicates that the employee has received a copy of this job description. This does not create a contract or change the “at will” status of the employee.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Employment Type: Full Time