IT Business Analyst - Enterprise Applications
The Hartford's Enterprise Application team is seeking a detail-oriented, results driven IT Business Analyst to support Invest, Maintenance and Robotics Process Automation projects across the Enterprise Applications Team. Candidates must have a willingness to understand existing processes and systems, and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. In addition Candidates will need to possess strong leadership skills that will enable them to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements. Candidate will be expected to facilitate and lead requirement sessions working with both on and offshore Business Partners and Customers.
- Candidate should possess the agility and skills to move across multiple applications, they should be able to make decisions quickly in consultation with team members and subject matter experts and be able to build relationships, actively participate in team work, and understand the dynamics and critical nature of the business.
- Acts as liaison between the business and IT.
- Ability to organize and synthesize information provided by stakeholders in order to enable the project team to implement a solution that meets those needs and identifies opportunities for improvement
- Ability to craft and manage documentation that supports the effective delivery of technology that meets specific business needs
- Ability to apply the appropriate knowledge and techniques necessary to draw out requirements completely and accurately from stakeholders
- Ability to determine the appropriate business analyst activities, tools, and techniques necessary to complete manage, and monitor a business analysis effort within the SDLC
- Ability to structure and drive working and informational sessions that promote collaboration and achieve desired outcomes
- Candidate should be able to utilize requirements to drive the design or review of test cases, process change requests, and manage a project's scope, installation and deployment
- Candidate will also need to act as the maintenance BA Release Coordinator. Responsibilities will include UAT planning and coordination, leading release day activates and coordinating with other Business Analysts
- Candidate should be a Change Leader and be comfortable bringing new ideas to the team that align with The Hartford's strategic growth and vision.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least four, typically six or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience as a Business Analyst.
Requires knowledge of the Enterprise Applications areas functions and applications, and knowledge of system and technology alternatives, excellent communication skills, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with IT management and staff. What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward our workforce?
• Data Analysis-
Input, understand, analyze and act on data
• Business Owner Mindset-
Operate with keen business knowledge,
expense, risk & controls driven mindset
Influence through a consultative approach
• Customer Driven-
Focus on "Harvest" - (our enterprise continuous
improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient local
decision making for continuous improvement
• Growth & Development-
Maximize development of self and others What Else Can You Tell Me?
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certifications Behaviors at the Hartford
• Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
• Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
• Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
• Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **