Coordinates with Stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems.
- Possesses functional knowledge and skills reflective of a competent practitioner with the ability to deliver on work of high technical complexity.
- Acts as liaison between the business and IT.
- Ability to organize and synthesize information provided by stakeholders in order to enable the project team to implement a solution that meets those needs and identifies opportunities for improvement
- Ability to craft and manage documentation that supports the effective delivery of technology that meets specific business needs
- Ability to apply the appropriate knowledge and techniques necessary to draw out requirements completely and accurately from stakeholders
- Ability to determine the appropriate business analyst activities, tools, and techniques necessary to complete manage, and monitor a business analysis effort within the SDLC
- Ability to structure and drive working and informational sessions that promote collaboration, achieve synergy, and achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to effectively interface with others and develop healthy, productive work interactions
- Understanding and application of choices and big picture perspective
What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward our workforce?
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least four, typically six or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience as a Business Analyst.
- Requires broad knowledge of the client area functions and applications, and knowledge of system and technology alternatives, excellent communication skills, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.
• Data Analysis-
Input, understand, analyze and act on data
• Business Owner Mindset-
Operate with keen business knowledge,
expense, risk & controls driven mindset
Influence through a consultative approach
• Customer Driven-
Focus on "Harvest" - (our enterprise continuous
improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient local
decision making for continuous improvement
• Growth & Development-
Maximize development of self and others What Else Can You Tell Me?
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certifications Behaviors at the Hartford
• Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
• Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
• Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
• Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **