The IT Business Analyst role supports IT Claims Maintenance and Invest Projects and has primary responsibility to elicit, analyze, validate, specify and manage the business needs of the project stakeholders, customers and end users. This role serves as the conduit between the system user community and the software development team through which requirements flow.
Key accountabilities of the Business Analyst include 1) understanding and translating stakeholder needs and high level business concepts to technical scope and requirements; 2) gathering and documenting detailed functional specifications to support the solution design; 3) leading/ facilitating cross functional teams through prioritization, design and implementation of project 4) applying change management, disciplined change control processes and 5) overall leadership and ownership of project deliverables.
The Business Analyst is involved at some level throughout the entire system or software development life cycle. Upon establishment of the requirements baseline, the focus can shift towards the management of the requirements specification and verifying the fulfillment of all requirements. In this regard, the Business Analyst may support the Project Manager and Chief Architect in the end to end development, design, architecture solution and implementation of IT Claims initiatives. Qualifications:
What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward our workforce?
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least 5-7 years of solid, diverse work experience in IT, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Highly organized with strong documentation skills, ability to translate non-technical/ business concepts to technical requirements and design
- Experienced Analyst; extensive knowledge of the business area's functions and knowledge of system and technology alternatives
- Expert facilitator; able to conduct interviews with cross functional business teams to gather business requirements
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills - ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff, ability to build strong cross-functional partnerships
- Fluent with vendor management
- Creatively develops fact base where data is hard to access (e.g. unreliable or unavailable quantitative information)
- Effectively handles complex topics
- Selects the appropriate tools and techniques based on assessment of the project and assignment objectives
- Capable of constructing examples to aid in development of team understanding
- Experience planning/managing/leading tasks and development of deliverables, from inception to finalization.
- Understanding and application of choices and big picture perspective
• Data Analysis-
Input, understand, analyze and act on data
• Business Owner Mindset-
Operate with keen business knowledge,
expense, risk & controls driven mindset
Influence through a consultative approach
• Customer Driven-
Focus on "Harvest" - (our enterprise continuous
improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient local
decision making for continuous improvement
• Growth & Development-
Maximize development of self and others What Else Can You Tell Me?
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certifications Behaviors at the Hartford
• Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
• Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
• Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
• Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **