The Hartford is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the role of a Business Analyst to support the Business Analysis function within the Personal Lines IT Portfolio of applications and capital invest projects. This role will provide current state analysis, elicit business enhancement needs, document specification changes to the applications, conduct analytics towards optimal solutions and create integration mappings between systems. The incumbent will elicit business requirements, support the business in evaluating options, support the development team in understanding the changes needed and support QA with creating test materials and defect resolution. In addition, the candidate should possess a solid understanding of data stewardship, data standards, data management operating models and practices that develop quality documentation for the Data Dictionary and Data Mapping documents.
The ideal candidate will participate in the entire Software Development Lifecycle process specific to the Personal Lines IT organization. Candidate should possess functional knowledge and skills with an ability to work on the highest technical complexity projects. Candidate should have proven proficiency with:
- Functional knowledge and skills reflective of a competent practitioner with the ability to deliver on work of high technical complexity.
- Acts as liaison between our business partners and IT
- Ability to organize and synthesize information provided by stakeholders in order to enable the project team to implement a solution that meets those needs and identifies opportunities for improvement
- Ability to craft and manage documentation that supports the effective delivery of technology that meets specific business needs
- Ability to apply the appropriate knowledge and techniques necessary to draw out requirements completely and accurately from stakeholders
- Ability to determine the appropriate business analyst activities, tools, and techniques necessary to complete manage, and monitor a business analysis effort within the SDLC
- Ability to structure and drive working and informational sessions that promote collaboration, achieve synergy, and achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to lead our business partners to elicit effective requirements (not just an order taker)
- Ability to clearly give and receive information (facts, ideas, perspectives) through verbal and written methods
- Understanding and application of choices and big picture perspective
Additional responsibilities include:
- Developing and enhancing relationships with our business and vendor partners. Demonstrating increased knowledge of business organizations, their processes and the use of applications.
- Effective communications with project teammates and stakeholders using timely and accurate information through written and oral communication or formal presentations.
- Identifying and recommending best practices and continuous improvement ideas related to the BA practice such as Issue and Risk assessment. Demonstrates ownership in communication of issues/risks and contributes to risk mitigation.
- Issue escalation and risk assessment
- Providing estimates for assigned work. Demonstrating sound understanding and application of Change Control processes to manage project scope to project budget.
- Providing consulting input and review of artifacts for Testing Phases, per the Test Approach of the project.
- Consulting in business planning sessions with business partners and IT peers.
- 6 years of Business Analysis and Application Development Life Cycle diverse work experience in IT, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience is desirable. Strong Personal Lines experience desired, however similar experience in Insurance industry a would be acceptable
- Understanding of the Personal Lines business and application suite is desired
- Experience in a business analyst role, following the Software Development Lifecycle with demonstrated proficiency at requirements planning and monitoring, requirements elicitation, requirements analytics and documentation, and providing support from solution design, test phases, implementation through to post-implementation.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with the ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with developing estimates and prioritizing deliverables.
- Strong written and oral communication skill with the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audience. Experienced facilitator with strong presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization (e.g. entry level end-user through to Senior Management) and demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Strategic thinking skills. Ability to provide options and assess solutions, looking at the business holistically.
- Understanding of current and emerging IT products, services, processes and methodologies.
- Experience working in a multi-sourced, offshore delivery centers and shared services environment is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD