At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
EXELON PROJECTS GROUP BACKGROUND
The Exelon Projects Team manages large scale computer system implementations for corporate computer systems used at Exelon: financial; supply; human resources. The focus of the team is on the managing of the projects: creating project plans; soliciting business requirements; designing and developing the system itself. Every project has its own project team and the NE4 Analyst position is an entry level position on such a projects team. The career path on the team is to move up to the Senior Analyst, Lead Analyst and Project Manager roles.
The successful candidate would possess a background and/or have an interest in change management; consulting; project management; systems analysis; business process design. Strong written and verbal communication skills are mandatory. Critical thinking skills and the ability to deal with ambiguity and nuance are also required.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Fills the Analyst role on the Enterprise Projects Team. The Enterprise Projects Team is responsible for managing and delivering medium and large scale IT application projects that impact the Exelon Enterprise. Projects are complex and often on tight delivery schedules. The projects often involve managing across multiple business stakeholders, vendors, and other IT project teams. The Analyst role will involve managing a component piece of a project while working under the guidance of a Lead Analyst. The role is focused more on managing development activities and resources rather than performing the development itself. Some travel may occasionally be required.
The position performs activities relating to planning designing, testing, and implementing products and processes under the guidance of a Lead Analyst or Manager. May assist in the coordination of tasks for other project team members.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Perform, document and assist in planning work activities relating to projects, sub-projects, or processes.
- Analyze requirements, and aid in the design and test of IT software solutions in accordance with IT project management standards.
- Maintain project schedules and assist with coordination of project meetings.
- Assist with project close out process.
- Must be able to run lower-level project meetings. Must be able to take good meeting notes and minutes.
- Will be taught the creation of design documents and process flows.
- Will be taught the creation of test scripts.
- Will be taught the creation of technical cutover plans.
- Will maintain engagement with business and IT partners.
- Will assist with development team activities as needed, such as with coordination of migration requests and defect management.
- Will perform metrics as needed for project and test performance.
- Proactively build business/IT knowledge to provide solutions.
- Utilize best practices to improve products and services. Apply and verify compliance to standards as defined within the Management Model.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Any project type work experience or business process background, or change management background is a plus.
- Technical skills a plus; but not required
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
IND-1 Entry Level
EEO is the Law Poster
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.