At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Commercial IT New Hire Program (IT Professional Development Analyst)
The position focuses on the skills of a recent academic graduate in area of computer science, information technology and or a related information science major. The successful individual will perform activities relating to system support or development of existing and planned IT products and processes under the direction of experienced personnel. The New Hire program allows the employee to experience a 6-month rotational program and by the end of the program, have input into a final project or system support team to join.
Under the direction of an IT Manager or Mentor/Lead, the following include key activities the IT Professional Development Analyst may perform:
- Develop and apply business and IT processes
- Gain product experience and technical skills through assigned role and training
- As directed, perform and document work activities related to analysis, evaluation, building, testing, or implementing planned IT software solutions and processes
- Design, modify, develop, implement and test software individually or as part of a team
- Develop software documentation
- Assist in requirements gathering, clarification, and documentation
- Participate in testing processes, develop and validate user and system requirements
- Implement designs within architectural guidelines
- Develop and/or maintain software capabilities using C# software development environment
Technical Support - Skill-set Requirements
- Possess knowledge of one or more Operating Systems - Windows, Solaris, Linux
- Possess knowledge of one or more development languages - C#, Java, C, C++, Python, Perl, Matlab, R
- Possess knowledge of one or more database systems - Oracle, SQL Server
- Understand advanced programming concepts, including but not limited to data structure, design patterns and algorithms
- Completed a 4-year Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or Mathematics
-BS/BA in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Electrical/ Computer Engineering, and or a related technical discipline
-Strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
-Ability to interface with client/customer in order to develop and support solutions
-Demonstrated ability to work independently on projects
-Familiarity with agile or other project methodologies
-A track record of outstanding academic performance
-Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment
-Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
-Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.