Works to validate the models that guide our forward trading, portfolio management, and risk monitoring activities. Assist the desk manager in overseeing market risk of the hedge book by identifying market risks, analyzing quantifying risk levels and changes, ensuring that the business operates with predefined limits and communicating risk issues to the desk manager. This includes:
· Validate a representation of the entire company’s commodity exposure on a daily basis reflecting current market conditions and operational realities
· Ensuring accurate inputs, verifying model output, reviewing and ensuring the accuracy of modeling new deals, working with a cross-function group to help update models and methods, etc.
· Overseeing the daily production of trading and risk reports
· Developing new models – and improving existing ones – to better represent energy markets, streamline operations, and model new types of transactions/ risks
· Providing explanations of the modeling and its results to front office traders, pricing analysts, portfolio management, and other risk groups
· Overseeing risk pricing methodologies
· Evaluating risk metrics
· Working with others to coordinate Risk IT initiatives
· Creating and interpreting risk reports used for board committee meetings and external disclosures
· Utilize daily position reports to validate, communicate and track the daily exposure of the company.
· Develop intimate knowledge of the energy industry, with emphasis on the physical operations of the respective regions.
· Asses risk and rewards of portfolios and strategies and work with the Commercial teams to optimize the ratio.
· Monitor compliance with risk limits, identify and communicate potential risk concentrations, limit exceedances and large exposures to Commercial and Risk management.
In addition, this role is also responsible for several other analytical tasks:
· Using quantitative methods to support and inform portfolio management decisions around product selection, potential asset purchases, risk impact of transactions, etc.
· Serving as internal consultants for other groups when products are difficult to value, oddly structured, or require sophisticated methods to accurately price
· Monitoring and responding to business needs by staying abreast of developments in the energy markets and within the organization and preemptively providing analysis/reports to meet those needs
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.