At HomeDepot.com, our award-winning e-Commerce team is blazing a trail of retail shopping innovation by leveraging cutting-edge technology with our 2,200+ store locations and a relentless focus on customer service. We have been named one of the world's most innovative companies and we are on a mission to provide the best interconnected shopping experience to our consumers. To do so, we need more dreamers, innovators and big thinkers passionate about re-imagining the future of retail. Interested in making history with us? If so, apply today to experience what it’s like to be a part of our HomeDepot.com team. Who knows? Your next big idea may just change the future of retail!
The Analyst, Online Product Analytics designs and implements web analytic tools on Home Depot to measure the customer experience and site performance via key performance indicators.
Work with product, merchandising and marketing business units to gather complex business requirements and collaborate with IT and analytics team in implementing those requirements based on the analytics & IT team processes and standards.
Analyst, Online Product Analytics analyzes business trends and customer behavior data to identify opportunities for website enhancements to provide the best customer experience and increase growth in online sales. Support complex reporting needs like building KPI dashboards for various business, IT and senior leadership teams. Perform complex deep dive analysis to troubleshoot or identify the root cause for site issues or any dip in conversion or other KPI’s
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities:
- 30% Responsible for updating and maintaining reporting on key performance indicators for distribution to senior leadership team
- 20% Responsible for updating the channel plans for the various marketing channels and actively reporting back to the business partners successes and/or failures
- 20% Manage off-shore and/or onshore analyst efforts for various reports including clickmap and department dashboard reporting
- 20% Create new operational processes and improvements to ensure data collection and reporting accuracy, including documenting the new procedures
- 10% Perform ad hoc reporting based on the business needs and extract the proper data from relevant THD systems
Nature & Scope
- Position reports to Manager, Reporting & Analytics
- Responsible for helping others and providing on-the-job training or guidance
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Demonstrated business/financial modeling capabilities with tools such as Excel and Access
- Demonstrated skills in applying statistical analysis principles to business challenges
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work well with others
- Prior experience in a business analyst role a plus
- Previous experience with Omniture Sitecatalyst and related products
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively across functions and departments
- Ability to deal with occasional off-hour calls effectively and professionally
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!